Faculty (All Levels) University of Oklahoma Dept of Oncology Science
The newly established Department of Oncology Science, College of Medicine at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center invites applications for ranks of Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor positions. The faculty members will also be affiliated with the NCI-designated OU Health Stephenson Cancer Center and will have access to exceptional resources and opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations. Individuals with specialty in areas of cancer metabolism, metabolic imaging, cancer signaling, epigenomics, tumor immunology, health disparities, health/lifestyle behaviors and interventions, cachexia, chemical biology, or bioinformatics are encouraged to apply. Selected candidate(s) will be provided competitive salaries and start-up support for a period of 5 years. Salary to be commensurate with experience.
- Individuals working in cancer metabolism, metabolic imaging, cancer signaling, epigenomics, tumor immunology, health disparities, cachexia, chemical biology, or bioinformatics areas of cancer research
- Must hold a PhD or MD or MD/PhD degree in any area of biomedical sciences
- Demonstrate strong publication record related to cancer in high impact journals
- Candidates with funding from NCI, DoD, or ACS are highly encouraged to apply
- Possess a strong scientific research program and able to manage independent research
Salary and Start-up Funding:
- The selection committee with recommend the salary for the individual based on the salary range set by the University’s standard.
- Start-up funds amount will be based on recommendation from the selection committee and their review of planned research and goals.
- Applicant’s Complete Curriculum Vitae
- Research plan to be undertaken in 3-5 years (3 pages)
- Research Proposal should be independent of mentor’s research program for the Assistant Professor position
- Teaching statement (up to 2 pages) A list of 3-5 professional references with email addresses and phone numbers
- Applications received will be reviewed by a selection committee
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview and will present their research work and future goals
Appointment begins as early as March 2023. Review of applications will begin in September 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
Complete application package will need to be submitted in PDF format by email to Ms. Rebecca New at Onc-Sci@ouhsc.edu.
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center seeks to recruit and retain a diverse community of health professionals and scholars. We seek a community with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, and we provide equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, political beliefs, national origin, age (40 or older), sex (see: Sexual Misconduct, Discrimination policy) sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran status.