- This is a competitive, permanent appointment and U.S. citizenship is required. For further details about this position and how to apply go to the vacancy on-line at: https://go.usa.gov/xSBCV
This position is located with USDA, ARS, Plains Area, Responsive Agricultural Food Systems Research in College Station, TX.
In this position, you will plan and conduct studies that develop novel approaches to analyzing and understanding complex data for use in supporting responsive agricultural and foods systems that enhance human, environmental and economic health outcomes.
The incumbent's duties include:
- Conducts independent and multi-disciplinary, team-based research; analyzes experimental and theoretical data; composes manuscripts for publication of study results; and presents information at scientific meetings and at other research institutions.
- Interacts with agricultural professionals to develop methods to better understand the impact of Genetics, Environment, and Management on nutritional composition, choice, accessibility and affordability of foods in the American diet.
- Oversees the budget and all financial aspects of the Research Unit.
- Serves as supervisor for all administrative support and the Research Science Personnel within the Unit.
- Serves as the ARS liaison to the Texas A and M AgriLife Institute for Advancing Health Through Agriculture.
ARS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider