About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Manages an assigned set of multiple research protocols to assure efficiency and regulatory compliance of the protocol, attending clinic as needed. Responsible for compilation, registration and submission of data; monitors and ensures study compliance and maintains a system for effective data flow associated with research protocols. Schedules patients for bio specimen repository consents, screening, orientation and educational classes. Meets with and consents patients. Has proven to function independently and proficiently as defined in the position accountabilities. Has superb communication and problem-solving skills. Has demonstrable computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Access, etc. Has undertaken tasks that utilize these computing skills, as well as skills in data management and analyses.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Conducts protocol management for an assigned set of multiple research protocols, orientation, screening, and educational programs.
- Maintains current and accurate protocol documentation and is aware of the timeliness of regulatory documents
- Ensures that patients are appropriately scheduled, registered; maintains documentation of patient registration.
- Teaches scripted orientation program to the cancer center patient and their caregivers.
- Compiles and submits data on appropriate forms according to protocol requirements.
- Ensures protocol compliance with intense monitoring of specific study requirements, and schedules protocol related activities.
- Plays active role in recruitment of patients to study.
- Helps to train and mentor new clinical research staff members.
- Performs specific clinical duties as required per the research protocol.
- Performs data management and data analyses, as required by the research study.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Collects and delivers specimens for analysis, using appropriate or specified equipment for collecting and handling specimens; ensures proper labeling and obtains pertinent clinical and protocol information on request forms; develops and maintains knowledge of various aspects of processing specimens, paying particular attention to safety practices.
- Works with physician or nurse to see that protocol related tests and evaluations are ordered per protocol guidelines.
- Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problem areas to supervisor.
- Works on special data management projects as assigned.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensures work environment is organized and functions efficiently.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Is able to function independently with no quality control audits beside one yearly audit.
- Provides staff relief as required to meet the needs of the department.
Preferred education experience and skills:Additional Information:
- Associate's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Read, identify and extract pertinent data from medical record
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology
- Experience in Medical Records, Health Information Systems, or related health field
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.