Altos Labs is a new biotechnology company focused on cellular rejuvenation programming to restore cell health and resilience, with the goal of reversing disease to transform medicine.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
What We Want You to Know
We want our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be recognized for the talents, perspectives, and unique life and career experiences they bring. We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to spur innovation.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
Ideal candidates have a genuine passion for biology, are curious, have demonstrated skills in rodent handling, a strong eye for detail, an eagerness to learn new techniques, and a collaborative approach to scientific discovery.
- Meticulous colony management. Compile daily reports for each colony manager and update the colony management software for every animal movement.
- Provide technical support: animal handling and restraint, injections, collecting blood and other biological samples, treatments, surgical preparation, perform post-operative observations and assist researchers in experimental procedures.
- Complete daily husbandry tasks including health checks, breeding, weaning, numbering, and tail collection.
- Daily organization of the procedure rooms according to the needs of the researchers.
- Adhere to animal welfare rules and regulations as instructed by management.
- Share weekend and holiday hours (when needed) with peers on a rotational basis.
- Vivarium maintenance includes, but is not limited to, ensuring sufficient inventory, restocking supplies, cleaning, and sharing husbandry duties. Training on more complex procedures as needed and all other duties that may be assigned.
Who You Are
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills and accurate record-keeping skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of computer skills and MS Office software.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and willing to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, team-based environment.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people at all levels and from all backgrounds.
- Ability to be a team player who can work effectively both independently and as part of a larger group.
- AALAS certification (ALAT or higher) is preferred.