The key purpose of this role is help create a US Medical Affairs Strategy and Operations organization for the Specialty Care Division for US Medical Affairs, driving accountability, leadership and focus on medical communications, business planning and operational excellence, and ultimately improving business performance, effectiveness of evidence generation and Medical support for the Specialty Care portfolio.
- Lead and develop the medical communications & scientific training strategy for US customer-focused scientific narratives and external communications, as well as enhance scientific training in partnership with our US Senior Medical Leads, Field Medical leadership, and Global Medical Affairs partners in Scientific Communications, Publications, and Medical Information to ensure close strategic alignment and US localization of scientific communication plans and external customer content & engagement tools. This includes the development and ownership of the omnichannel strategy and the digital engagement strategy.
- Lead the Business Planning process for our medicines within the US for Medical to ensure close strategic alignment in partnership with our Global Medical Affairs and US Commercial business partners
- Lead the US Congress planning for medical and help ensure deep understanding of evidence generation & publication plans as well as the evolving competitor data and healthcare landscape
- Build a shared identity and increased connectivity between the Department and key partner groups e.g. Specialty Care Franchise, Commercial BU, Central Medical Strategy and Operations and VEO
- Identify, lead and manage Departmental business improvement initiatives aligned with US Medical strategy, to deliver measurable and sustained improvements related to evidence generation, Medical training and communication.
- Represent the Department in broader Specialty Care business improvement initiatives
- Drive business planning activities within the Department (e.g. departmental objective setting, yearly portfolio planning working with Medical Ops Directors and Project Managers, succession planning and departmental performance reviews, budget build and updates)
- Enhance impact & US customer focus of Specialty Care by ensuring US Senior Medical Leads understand and leverage broader organizational expertise and information (HCP Profiling, Digital trends, etc)
- Drive efficient delivery of evidence generation and Medical Affairs activities across the Specialty Care portfolio (e.g. via knowledge sharing, vendor rationalization, avoiding duplication of effort across asset teams)
- Reporting progress against departmental deliverables to Specialty Care Franchise Board, GMLT, CLT, MALT as required
- Provide decision making support to the Specialty Care Leadership Team, enabling them to make optimal long-term decisions and effectively drive change, specifically in the areas of organisational setup, customer engagement, resource deployment and productivity improvement
- Provide ongoing operational support to the Specialty Care Leadership Team, enabling delivery against Departmental objectives by:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving and contributing to the process of planning LT meetings including agendas, key participants, stakeholders, and minutes
- Tracking of actions and risks
- Building and managing agendas in the team site areas
- Enabling effective ongoing communications to senior stakeholders in partner functions, customer groups and internal governance bodies (e.g. Global Franchise Medical Head, US Commercial BU Head, Global Medical Excellence, VEO)
- Working to enhance and foster cross-functional effectiveness and adequate Specialty Care supporting resourcing across Departmental teams (e.g. Analytics and Insights, Engagement Operations, etc)
- Help to create a sustainable business to establish US specialty care presence and prepare for launches
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and development of strategic options, assessing pros and cons and providing recommendations to enable informed decision making around resource allocation, departmental set up and productivity improvement
- Help to build Medical Communications and Scientific Training model for US Specialty Care
- Maintain key stakeholder relationships and develop framework for productive ways of working with both Global Franchise and US Commercial teams
- Develop and deliver departmental materials/communications to senior stakeholders (e.g. business updates/reports or business plans to CLT, MALT, Global Franchise Board discussions)
- Identify opportunities to strengthen understanding of the Department's mission and priorities across all levels of GSK Pharma. Develop plan and content to engage inside and outside the Department (e.g. online, town halls, meet and greets)
For Broader Specialty Care Medical Leadership Team:
- Drive the design and delivery of strategic agenda for the Department:
- Identify potential operational changes and cross- team collaboration to address strategic priorities, share these opportunities/projects with the Medical Leadership Team and lead where appropriate. The individual would be accountable for delivering these projects with pre-agreed decision-making authority, and would be responsible for managing multi-disciplinary teams to do so
- Represent the department on significant cross-Medical, Commercial and Franchise strategic initiatives, for example broader operations review across Franchise teams, development of performance measures for CLT, GMLT
- Track progress against strategic priorities and yearly objectives and define benefits (including dashboards as required)
- Work with HR and the Specialty Care Leadership Team to improve overall staff engagement, development, and career progression
Support development and tracking of Departmental budgets, working closely with Central USMA Team and US Finance
Act as secretariat for the Leadership Team Meetings
Ad-hoc 1:1 project management and strategy support for leadership team members (as applicable)
- Consultation support to scope and design change initiatives they have been tasked with o Project management support to implement initiatives o Business operations support e.g. meeting management, performance management
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Extensive experience development of medical communications & scientific training strategies for customer-focused scientific narratives and external communications
- Robust experience the development and ownership of omnichannel strategy and/or digital engagement strategy for medical affairs
- Strong medical affairs, pharmaceutical, and scientific acumen
- Experience of business operations, project management and change management with a track record of high achievement in this role (typically 3-5 years of project management experience of this kind)
- Experience in managing the navigation of decisions and/or their execution through multiple parties in major, matrixed organisations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Medical Affairs/R&D, people, structure, decision-making processes, business objectives and strategy
- Excellence in program and project management
- Experience of working in challenging business environments with senior leaders, line leadership/executive teams
- Excellence and clarity in written and verbal communication
- Integrity in business and personnel confidentiality
- A strong sense of initiative, urgency, pragmatism, judgment and influencing skills -an ability to make things happen
- Consistent attention to detail, ability to deliver to demanding deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality
Higher degree preferred, preferably with medical/scientific training, project management, business strategy and transformation background and experience in the medical sciences field (e.g. PhD, PharmD, MD) Why GSK?
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record