Are you interested in a newly-created, highly-visible role with key accountability that will define and drive our global medical enterprise digital ambition for Global Medical Affairs? If so, this Global Medical Implementation Lead position could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
The role will strategically partner with the Therapeutic Areas (TAs)/Local Operating Companies (LOCs)/regions, Global Pharma Marketing Operations (GPMO) and the newly formed Med Digital & Tech organization.
This senior leader will drive the development of our digital agenda and will be accountable for the expansion of medical Data 2 insights (mD2i) and for the medical affairs governance framework for new medical initiatives [which will to enable TA and regions to better deliver patient centric impact and performance].
This role is critical, and the interdependencies are focused on anticipating the needs of the marketplace as we seek to be ambitious for patients and improve clinical outcomes.
This role will report to the VP Medical Affairs Excellence (MAE) within Global Medical Affairs, and they will serve as member of the MAE leadership team, play an active part in partnering and collaborating with members of Medical Tech, GPMO, TAs, Regional Medical Directors, Country Medical Directors, and GMATs across the GSK enterprise.
Primary Areas of focus are:
- Accountable for strategically developing the global medical affairs digital ambition in close partnership with stakeholders across the TAs/regions/LOCs and Medical Tech.
- Drive prioritization and support the delivery of our enterprise digital ambition across Global Medical and accountable for developing the governance framework to support the work
- This role will be accountable for oversight of E2E SOP/framework development, CAPA resolutions and process simplification for Medical
- Collaboratively grow digital strategies, architecture, and infrastructure requirements to fulfil our HCP business strategy (our end customers).
- Drive expansion of the Global Medical Insights team in partnership with the newly created Med Digital & Tech organization (e.g., data scientists).
- From an enterprise digital strategy perspective and in partnership with medical leaders, drive asset prioritization across global activities and top priority LOCs/regions to develop effective medical strategies and inform critical business decisions (e.g., Medical Launch plans).
- Drive leadership via global medical insight leads (GMILs) to capture insights and translate content into strategic impact via medical plans for patients, healthcare providers and regulators.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Accountable to ensure the medical governance is maintained via a strong internal control framework that meets the GSK policies and standards.
- Deliver strong customer focus and follow industry trends and to keep a "finger-on-the-pulse" of the customer base and competition, to inform future thinking and direction of new initiatives to continue to build out our customer experience roadmap
- Lead and drive creative & future thinking approaches for developing a range of broad initiatives across Global Medical that align with our Global Medical Affairs vision & objectives.
- Strong strategic analytical thinking required to interrogate/consume data sets and translate to meaningful insights to develop strategy and aligned tactical plans to draw action and inform decision making.
- Close partnership working with Legal, Compliance & Privacy leads. Engage and align Regional/TA Area Leadership teams. Engage with senior Pharma leadership stakeholders (where required).
- Lead, coach & manage a diverse team driving a strong performance and outcome culture, demonstrating leadership skills that role models the GSK culture & Global Medical vision.
- Active member of the MAE leadership team & collaboration with MAE partners e.g., Capabilities team where initiatives to upskill staff are key.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Medical degree, PhD, PharmD or equivalent in Biological Sciences or Medicine.
- At least 5 years professional experience working in office based global or local medical affairs roles.
- At least 5 years of direct line management responsibility.
- Experience in matters relating to medical affairs governance & developing novel medical programming/solutions.
- An understanding of Business and Healthcare Professional needs coupled with excellent communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects in a matrix organization.
- Experience working with senior key stakeholders.
- Strategic & innovative approach to problem-solving with strong planning and organization skills.
- Requires high level of proactivity and sense of urgency to anticipate and react to needs of the organization.
- Excellence in internal engagement - building credibility with, and insights through, a strong internal network of key stakeholders in Medical & Governance.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong networks of external and internal experts.
- Highly developed leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative team environments, often in unstructured conditions, as well as to work independently.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- At least 10 years professional experience working in office based global and local medical affairs roles; experience in developing or launching novel solutions strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years of direct line management responsibility.
- Experience with machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) including digital governance experience of content development and approval process & ABPI principles.
- Robust understanding of promotional codes/ regulations; previous involvement and experience in review and approval processes.
- Experience working in medical affairs at an above country level, In-depth knowledge of Medical Affairs organizations including related operating processes, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility through richness of content expertise.
- Requires high level of responsibility for the successful delivery of critical projects and processes.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of designated Medical Affairs, operations activities, in accordance with GSK and statutory requirements.
- Deep familiarity with global healthcare system a must and strong mindset in evidence-based practice, patient engagement and operational excellence.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritization, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organizational transformation.
- Building a resilient organization.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organization and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
GSK offers you the opportunity to showcase your expertise in these areas with a leadership that values, recognizes and rewards talent!
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record