Are you interested in a medical affairs role that leverages your project management expertise to accelerate global medical affairs engagement? If so, this Office Based Medical Affairs Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Office Based Medical Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring adequate therapy area input, maximized leveraging of existing Medical platforms, and aligned implementation of Medical Affairs processes and initiatives across the Medical organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications
- Deliver on Medical strategy & capability projects
- Project manage the operational aspects of Strategy and Capability work (budget, timing etc) and quality control of final deliverables
- Lead and/or assist needs assessments, project design, delivery and close-out where appropriate
- Build an advisory network of SMEs to inform design of work at a global, enterprise level
- Optimize vendor use and spend
- Measure impact of work and suggest continuous improvements to ensure industry leading strategic Medical plans.
- Oversee logistics to ensure successful deployment, change management and sustainable establishment of key Medical strategies across geographical regions and business teams.
- As required, take accountability for life cycle management of programmes
- Maintain core global processes, such as new hire global programme, technical and business skills capability development
- Ensure current and future capability work aligns with existing field medical ways of working, systems and processes.
- Post secondary degree.
- 5 or more years of experience in a pharmaceutical setting
- 3 or more years of project management or similar operational experience
- Experienced with regulatory codes of Promotion and Scientific Engagement (eg. IMC)
- Experience with leading transformational projects, aligned with organizational strategy.
- Experience in working with different time-zones and cultures
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills
- Ability to think strategically, and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders while maintaining attention to detail
- Superlative presentation skills, across lines and levels and with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of medical functions and medical affairs activities
- Ability to develop relationships based upon trust and mutual respect
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record