Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
You will be an integral part of our collective efforts to discover and target novel vulnerabilities associated with cancer genome instability. You will work in a lab-based setting to conduct cell-based assays, functional genomics studies and data analysis; employ critical thinking to design and interpret experiments and communicate research findings. As you work on projects, you will gain exposure to the broad Pfizer organization, learn from collaborations with cross-functional teams, lead biology efforts for portfolio and early discovery projects and be part of a culture that embraces scientific excellence and personal development.How You Will Achieve It
- Design, execute and analyze experiments to address the basic and translational biology of novel drug targets, their molecular pathways, and their connection to human disease.
- Strong attention to detail in experimental design, execution, and interpretation.
- Actively partake in scientific discussions and be abreast of publications in relevant areas.
- Effectively communicate and present research findings in small group meetings and larger project team meetings.
- Collaborate with colleagues within and across departments to drive projects forward.
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, or a related field with a minimum of one-year of relevant post-graduate experience
- Track record of independent research evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience with various cell and molecular biology techniques (eg: stable cell line generation, proliferation assays, immunofluorescence assays, flow cytometry, construct design, qPCR, etc)
- Experience in functional genomics methods (eg: CRISPR gRNA and siRNA/shRNA design, implementation in cells, and evaluation by qPCR and western blot)
- Experience with data analysis and statistics software (eg: GraphPad, R)
- Excellent organization and planning skills and good verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of related postdoctoral or industry R&D experience.
- Research experience in areas of tumor biology, such as genome instability, cell cycle signaling, DNA damage and repair.
- Knowledge of assays to interrogate genome integrity (eg. DNA damage assays, metaphase spreads, mitotic feature measurements, etc)
- Experience querying oncology databases such as cBioportal, TCGA, Depmap
Relocation support availablePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development