Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Principal Scientist Group Leader in the Oncology Analytical and Synthesis Technologies Purification group, you will be at the center of a pivotal operation within Medicinal Chemistry. You will be recognized as an outstanding scientist and emerging leader in our group with a remit to implement new technology within the purification space to expedite compound progression. With your advanced knowledge of the discipline, you will drive medicinal chemistry projects through developing strong working relationships with med chem teams and key partner lines across Pfizer. Through streamlined operations throughout the purification workflow, you will ensure the progression of projects throughout the portfolio. You will utilize your supervisory skills to support both the professional and scientific development of your direct reports as well contribute to the overall evolution and culture of the Analytical and Synthesis Technologies team. How You Will Achieve It
- Maximizes the individual development and performance contributions of direct reports, matrix team members, and all scientists within the Analytical and Synthesis Technologies Group.
- Leads with trust, empowerment of others and appropriate delegation of responsibilities with an eye on colleague growth.
- Actively supports the professional and scientific development of direct reports and as a part of the Analytical and Synthesis Technologies leadership team supports development across the department.
- Drives projects through expertise in Analytical Purification sciences exploiting new technologies as they emerge in this space and forging strong working relationships with medicinal chemistry (synthesis and design) teammates and key partner lines such as ERS, AST, Digital, and CRD.
- Develop both internal and external partner capabilities through sharing best practices in terms of workflows/technology.
- Advances scientific innovation and Analytical chemistry excellence that translate to portfolio impact.
- As part of the Analytical and Synthesis technologies leadership team, attracts, retains, and develops talent across the whole department.
- Supports and contributes to the evolution of a group culture of teamwork and scientific excellence.
- Doctorate level degree in Analytical/Organic Chemistry with a minimum 6 years of industrial experience or BS/MS with a minimum 12 years of Industrial experience.
- Track record of project impact across preclinical drug discovery including but not limited to expertise in achiral/chiral method development across diverse Analytical platforms, driving programs to key decision points through expeditious/innovative purification solutions to support all stages of medicinal chemistry from SAR exploration to candidate delivery.
- Track record of teamwork/collaboration within multi-disciplinary matrix teams leading to delivery of project objectives
- Experience coaching, mentoring, or supervising colleagues both in and out of a laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated leadership in both formal leadership roles as well as an individual contributor is highly desirable. The individual should be able to exemplify the ability to influence the Analytical and Synthesis Technologies team regardless of their role on the team.
- Interpersonal skills to constructively challenge other scientists to ensure the group performs at a high level. Group could include direct reports, project team and/or the leadership team.
- Ability to help, align, motivate, and support a team in defining and working efficiently toward project objectives.
- Track record of learning from previous scientific and operational experiences and implementing learnings to improve performance in new projects or teams.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Periods of standing in a laboratory environment.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Some travel may be required to other Pfizer locations, Instrument Manufacturers and/or Scientific Conferences.
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: On PremisePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development