Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
As a member of the Pfizer team, you'll play a critical role in selection of potential therapeutics with optimal properties by identifying liabilities early to inform optimization. In this role, you will contribute towards the selection of high quality Biotherapeutics using biophysical and analytical techniques to support portfolio projects. Your role will include execution on multiple steps of protein expression for biotherapeutic leads, protein reagents, immunogens, and panning reagents, as well as the design and building of DNA constructs.
As an Associate scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Apply technical skills to complete assigned work within own work group/project team.
- Perform and/or coordinate the generation of DNA constructs tailored for the expression of recombinant proteins.
- Perform protein expression in mammalian transient and stable cell lines, from various shake flask scales to bioreactor systems.
- Deliver cell culture supernatants and data analysis packages to project teams in a timely manner.
- Present results at team meetings.
- Work closely with peers to meet deadlines and project goals.
- Perform diligent and timely note - keeping and work process tracking.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Biochemistry or related field .
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written .
- Experience with data analysis and presentation software.
- Good understanding of general biochemistry and related hands - on laboratory experience .
- Basic micro-pipetting, gel electrophoresis, or column chromatography skills.
Work Location Assignment: On PremisePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development