Clark+Elbing is a top-tier intellectual property (IP) law firm focused on protecting and promoting innovations in life science, chemistry, devices, and diagnostics. Founded in 1996 by a group with a shared passion for science, our firm has a long-held reputation as a premier law firm for patents. We are proud to offer a robust team of IP attorneys with advanced degrees in science who are supported by a group of Ph.D.s who are at the forefront of scientific innovation.
Clark+Elbing LLP is seeking scientists in either chemistry or biology fields for the position of Technology Specialist.
Successful candidates will possess excellent analytical and communications skills; they must think, write, and speak clearly. Candidates for the position of Technology Specialist must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a relevant science.
Our Technology Specialists are called upon to apply their extensive substantive knowledge to:
- Draft and assist in the prosecution of patent applications.
- Develop, write and edit material for reports, opinion letters, applications and related technical publications concerned with scientific work methods, procedures and inventions in their scientific field.
- Analyze, review and prepare licenses agreements, investor due diligence studies and opinion letters concerning patents and patent applications.
- Prepare and review patent applications by applying high level substantive knowledge of biological science, current research, scientific methods and analysis.
- Assist Partners and Patent Attorneys with advice to clients concerning patentability of inventions, infringement of patents and validity of patents.
Clark+Elbing principally builds its professional staff by hiring strong Ph.D. scientists as Technology Specialists, who are trained, encouraged to pass the patent bar, and supported through law school.
Clark+Elbing offers flexible working conditions including on-site in Boston, remote and hybrid positions. If you are interested in applying for a legal position at Clark+Elbing, please send an email to Dawn Langan, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, résumé, and a recent writing sample