Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
You will join a team of biochemists, biophysicists, and cell biologists focused on primary pharmacology for small-molecule drug discovery. You will support and advance our pre-clinical oncology drug pipeline. Your work will contribute to our efforts to characterize our small molecule drug candidates through implementation of novel screening cascade assays and in-depth mechanism of action studies.
• Drive novel approaches to small molecule pharmacology
• Enable biomarker discovery through molecular characterization of immunotherapy targets and pathways
• Develop and validate relevant assay systems to screen and characterize small molecules in medium and high-throughput formats
• Design, execute, and analyze in vitro cell line or primary cell-based experiments to drive small molecule SAR
• Keep current with appropriate biology/technical literature and contribute new ideas to advance project work
• Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences with minimum of 5 years related postdoctoral and/or industry experience
• Experience with cell, molecular, and biochemical methodologies and a track record of successful implementation of these methods to drive deep mechanistic understanding of targets and pathways
• Experience utilizing molecular and biochemical techniques to characterize signaling pathways, i.e. qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, reporter assays, etc.
• Experience with biochemical and cellular assay design and development such as CETSA, HTRF, Nanoluciferase/HiBit, flow cytometry, Mesoscale/ELISA
• Experience designing complex experiments to identify compound mechanism of action
• Experience innovating through adoption and implementation of novel technologies
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience managing an independent research program with minimal supervision
• Previous industry experience
• Knowledge of the drug discovery process
• Experience in cancer immunology related fields, such as the tumor immune microenvironment, T-/NK-cell biology, or innate immune pathways
• Strong immunology experience with proven track record of in-depth characterization of immune targets and pathways
• Broad technical experience with immune cell-based functional assays (e.g. activation, differentiation, and proliferation).
Relocation support available
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development