Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patientsSenior Associate Scientist, High-Throughput mRNA and Protein Production
Pfizer's BioMedicine Design (BMD) High-Throughput Protein Production (HTP) group is seeking a highly motivated scientist with experience in production of a range of macromolecules: mammalian cell culture and transfection, and purification of DNA, RNA, or protein. The candidate will play a critical role in a core group that consistently delivers hundreds of RNA and protein samples per week to research teams across BMD. The candidate will be responsible for maintenance of mammalian cells; high throughput automated transfection and purification of DNA, RNA, and protein; and macromolecule characterization. The candidate will contribute to BMD-wide deliverables, work on multiple projects simultaneously, as well as present results at group & project meetings.How You Will Achieve It
- Mammalian cell culture and transfection using liquid handling automation.
- High-throughput automated purification and characterization of DNA, mRNA, and antibodies.
- Optimization of the automated processes throughout the high-throughput production workflow.
- Organization and storage of DNA, mRNA, and protein samples, including tracking using Genedata Biologics. Software and/or FreezerPro, as well as record keeping using departmental electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Close interaction with project teams.
- Regular review of literature to m aintain knowledge of scientific trends and industry processes, advance molecular biology and protein production methods.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree with 3+ years of experience, in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Biological Engineering or a related discipline along with a basic understanding of molecular biology and purification methods.
- Track record of high-quality execution of standard laboratory operating procedures.
- Track record of strong problem solving and organizational skills, orientation to detail.
- A bility to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, work under strict deadlines, and remain flexible with changing needs .
- Ability to work effectively to solve process development problems and implement improved procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in mammalian cell transfection; purification of DNA, mRNA, or protein using affinity and/or traditional chromatographic techniques; characterization of macromolecules.
- Industry experience in transfection, macromolecule purification, or similar discipline.
- Experience with high-throughput laboratory automation, including writing and troubleshooting protocols.
- Understanding of state-of-the-art purification technologies.
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DoE) and data analysis.
- Experience with high throughput sample tracking and laboratory logistics software.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development