This is a sample management position within the Vaccine Research and Development - Analytical development group. The candidate will provide sample management support including aliquoting and logging samples for distribution. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The core responsibilities include managing incoming samples for testing, logging samples into LIMS, aliquoting and distributing samples for testing, maintaining sample management databases and inventories as well as ensuring proper storage of materials, and issuing appropriate documentation such as certificates of characterization .
- Using excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to perform sample management and managing timelines and expectations in a cross-functional manner.
- Understanding sample testing requirements for different programs and stages, working with customers to clarify testing requests and analytical leads to clarify testing strategy to provide high quality results in a short turn-around time.
- Utilizing LIMS to support sample logging, accurately tracking testing status, and suggesting new processes to improve speed and workflow where possible.
- Locking and updating sample submission forms.
- Supporting sample aliquoting and distribution for testing.
- Assisting with authoring, reviewing and tracking all relevant documents (COCs and stability reports).
- Analytical support for assay development
- BS or equivalent degree in biology or chemistry required. Lab experience required.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and cell culture preferred, and exceptional aseptic technique.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills is essential.
- Familiarity with LIMS preferred.
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Standard conditions - sitting, standing
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: On PremisePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development