The incumbent contributes to programs that support upstream development group toward expressing vaccine antigens of interest in bacterial culture. Responsibilities will be split into 2 categories. These include molecular cloning of antigens into RNA expression vectors, as well as analytical support for DNA templates and mRNA drug substances. The position is also responsible for preparing plasmids for expression of recombinant proteins, primarily in E coli. Experience in RNA handling to support the design of processes for bulk production of RNA DS would be highly desirable as well. How You Will Achieve It
- Performs technical support to evaluate the preparation of DNA templates and in vitro transcription reactions for the production of mRNA drug substances
- Molecular cloning & mutagenesis of antigens for vaccine production
- Must perform experiments in a meticulous & timely manner
- The incumbent will be responsible for the reagent supply & maintenance of the equipment analyzing mRNA drug substances
- Incumbent assists senior researchers in the evaluation of new technologies for the group
- Apply technical skills to complete assigned work within own work group/project team.
- Support laboratory activities by monitoring lab equipment and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Effectively document all lab activities in notebooks/elsewhere as required and appropriate, in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate data and provide clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams with clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Assist in the tech transfer of manufacturing processes to pilot, clinical, and commercial facilities. Provide support and troubleshoot during manufacturing campaign as needed.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues both within the group and cross-functionally; contribute to maintaining and improving upon our safe, effective and efficient lab operations.
- Gains understanding of the discipline through reading of the scientific literature
- Works irregular hours (weekends and outside of 9-5 format) as experiments warrant
BS degree in microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology, bioengineering or microbial genetics
Has previously worked in a microbiology, biotechnology or genetics laboratory setting
Has experience with molecular biology & analytical techniques such as cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, ddPCR, qPCA & Fragment Analysis
Ability to organize and execute experiments
Ability to work with limited supervision
Collaborates in a team environment
Has a proven ability to organize and tabulate data
Why Patients Need You
- Competency in aseptic laboratory technique and the ability to design complex experiments and interpret data.
- Practical knowledge of bioreactor operations.
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
As an Associate S cientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
There are no special physical requirements for this role other than the ability to make aseptic transfers and perform the relevant laboratory functions. Mental requirements are a detailed understanding of the scientific subject matter, an ability to make scientific judgments and an ability to perform complex data analysis.
Work Location Assignment: On PremisePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development