Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
When you join Pfizer, you'll be joining a company and team with a desire to bring new, cutting edge medicines to patients around the world. As a member of our team, you'll use science and technology to design, characterize and develop the solid form of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) and drug product formulations from discovery to commercial launch. You will be able to leverage your existing scientific knowledge, as well as develop in new areas, to evaluate the chemical & physical stability, bioperformance and manufacturability of the drug product across a diverse range of therapeutic areas.
As a Senior Associate scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. Your skill and knowledge will help in making decisions that require choosing among limited options. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Apply technical skills to projects/ assignments within own work group/project team.
- Undertake high quality scientific experimentation to further the development of API and/or dosage forms for novel drug candidates.
- Support design of API solid form and / or develop processes for manufacture of clinica l /commercial drug product and provide technical assistance to colleagues in GMP manufacturing facilities.
- Ensure own work completion, meet project deliverables and stakeholder needs, maintain quality and reporting findings either verbally or in written format.
- Develop and maintain a contemporary in-depth knowledge of the science and technology of API and pharmaceutical dosage forms with a regulatory awareness, and apply this knowledge to development of assigned drug candidates.
- Communicate within the DPD team the results of literature searches and other areas of active learning to enable project development.
- Ensure accurate, timely entries are made in e-laboratory notebook system according to accepted good practice. In addition, compile and prepare technical reports in relation to project work.
- Ensure safe working practices are followed and maintained both in own and others' work (using personal protective equipment where appropriate).
- Support the authorship of development reports, and regulatory submission documents (e.g. Common Technical Dossier for drug product filings).
- Support initiatives to develop best practices, test methods and work processes to drive efficiencies.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in pharmaceutical science, chemistry, engineering (chemical or mechanical), biology, physics, or related field with 3+ years of experience or a Master's Degree (MA/MS) in the same fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong foundational understanding of basic principles of physical, organic and analytical chemistry .
- Strong foundational understanding of basic principles of physical, organic and analytical chemistry.
- Experience conducting and optimizing routine laboratory or pilot-scale experiments.
- Comfort in using computational models.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Having the ability to stand at the lab bench to conduct experiments.
- Sit for extended periods at a desk to complete documentation and computer work.
- the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. is necessary.
Other Job Details:
- The position may require travel to project meetings and support clinical, registration and validation campaigns at manufacturing sites globally.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: July 22nd, 2022
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development