Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Cancer Immunology Discovery group at Pfizer is seeking a highly motivated and creative Senior Associate Scientist at the BS/MS level to join the T cell activation and PDx resistance team to identify and evaluate novel therapies in the fields of Cancer Immunotherapy and Immune Checkpoint Biology. The candidate will provide scientific and technical support and work closely with other disciplines across Pfizer to drive discovery research programs into early clinical development. Specifically, the candidate will contribute to the delineation of mechanisms of action, aid biomarker discovery and support the identification and development of molecules that impact T/NK/myeloid cell function to enhance anti-tumor immunity.
This role is predominantly laboratory-based (~90% of time) with a major emphasis placed upon implementing state-of-the-art techniques, and routinely conducting high-quality assay work in an organized, safe, and effective manner. The successful candidate will use a variety of tools including, molecular, cellular, and biochemical techniques applied to relevant preclinical in vitro and in vivo models.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to the discovery and development of new small and large molecule therapeutic modalities for cancer immunotherapy by defining study aims and detailed experimental plans with the support of your supervisor.
- Perform mechanistic, PD, and biomarker studies for preclinical-stage therapies using in vitro and ex vivo assays, including but not limited to multi-parameter flow cytometry, western blotting/IP, gene expression analysis techniques, and functional assays.
- Participate and present in internal and external project meetings as well as at site and cross-site meetings.
- Analyze and report experimental findings accurately and concisely in both oral and written formats.
- Identify and report any experimental problems, troubleshoot causative factors, and suggest necessary corrections in discussion with supervisor.
- Support general laboratory operations including, ordering and re-stocking laboratory supplies, maintaining a clean work environment and maintenance of equipment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Immunology, Oncology, or related discipline with 3+ years' relevant post-graduate experience or MS degree with 1+ years'.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting performing standard immunologic and cell culture techniques including primary cell subset isolation and co-culture experiments.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to perform moderately complex data analysis using Microsoft Excel and/or GraphPad Prism with limited supervision.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Experience with T cell, myeloid/dendritic cell, and/or NK cell biology assays including activation, differentiation, proliferation, cytotoxic and suppression assays.
- Broad technical expertise in assessing immune cell phenotype and function in vivo/ex vivo (flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, MSD, (confocal) microscopy).
- Experience investigating the mechanism of action of immune cell engaging platforms
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Ability to perform complex data analysis.
- Ability to interpret and apply results in the context of Pfizer programs and published literature.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to succeed in a team setting.
- Ability to perform repeat pipetting, stand, sit, walk, bend, and lift various lightweight items in a laboratory setting
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development