Raw Materials Coordinator
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Responsible for the raw material testing regimes of incoming materials supplied by the customers and warehouse staff.
- Create / review / upload material monographs in the Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN).
- Writing and Maintenance of all associated documentation associated with the raw material testing to release.
- Gather / review all documents required for material release by Quality Assurance (QA).
- Coordinate and prepare for transit raw material samples and testing information to the appropriate functional areas or 3rd Party testing facilities.
- Receive and review test results from 3rd Party testing laboratories and upload data in ELN.
- Primary point of contact for Approved Suppliers and testing facilities.
- Main point of contact for all internal/external audits regarding cGMP documented compliance.
- Continue to build strong relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure quick turn round when required.
- Initiate and support the execution of investigations, deviations, CAPAs, change controls,and complaints associated with failed material result or protocol.
- Prioritize and manage workload to meet project demand and targets.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with internal and external customers, regulatory bodies.
- Able to develop strong links to keep aware of developments outside of GSK through suppliers and professional bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently when needed.
- Work closely with the Warehouse/Pharmacy team to control the material flow from delivery to release.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Maintain core knowledge and understanding of cGMP compliance and any additional training requirements for assigned role.
- Adhere to all corporate and local EHS Safety guidelines and procedures.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related field from an accredited university/college
- 3 + years' experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) operations
- Experienced in managing contractor or contract lab relationships
- Experienced with laboratory software applications such as Comet - IMS, ELN, LIMS
- Experience in analytical science in Rx, OTC and/or consumer products industry
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why Consumer Healthcare?
- Master's degree in chemistry
- Competency in calculating results from experiments and document all laboratory work in accordance with cGMP requirements
- Experience with quantitative analysis on routine samples in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, cGMP, GxP and safety guidelines.
- Author and review documents that ensure GMP compliance including Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
Right now, we're on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We're doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year - over a billion and a half of them - and it goes beyond products. It's about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we're uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business. This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It's an opportunity to be part of something special.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record