Why Patients Need You
P fizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
A ll over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. In your role, you'll work as a part of Pfizer Vaccine Research and Development, which seeks to discover novel vaccines (prophylactic and therapeutic) for the prevention and treatment of significant human diseases ( e.g., infectious diseases, oncology) using a variety of vaccine technology platforms combined with immunomodulatory agents.
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge. You will perform diverse purification/recovery operations required to optimize the production of vaccine candidates using broad range of purification techniques. You will also perform analysis / characterization of isolated macromolecules with various bioanalytical methodologies.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Apply technical skills to complete assigned work within own work group/project team.
- Develop, optimize, and scale-up recovery/purification processes for isolation of proteins and polysaccharides.
- Collaborate with colleagues towards introduction of new technologies to improve and accelerate downstream process development and improve process efficiency.
- M aintain an organized and clean laboratory space, maintain a rotating stock of supplies.
- Plan and prioritize related recovery/purification activities.
- Analyze, interpret, and provide conclusions and present experimental data.
- C ommunicate daily work in an organized lab notebook.
- W ork closely with a team and communicate effectively to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Execute analyses to characterize products.
- Assist in developing new assays and adapt existing assays to new materials.
- Discuss analytical issues with team members to help advance objectives.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related scientific discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft systems such as Office suite, Outlook, Etc.
- Knowledge and ability to independently design, plan, and execute purification/recovery activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to wo rk independently and in teams.
- Any related laboratory experience
- Proficiency and ability to utilize various techniques such as FPLC / HPLC, UV-Vis, etc. to isolate and characterize purified vaccine candidates.
- Independently analyze and provide conclusions regarding experimental data generated.
Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development