We are building a state-of-the-art
end to end Biopharm capability which delivers efficient discovery
of antibody molecules that are selected and engineered for rapid development so that, together with our therapy area partners, we discover, develop and manufacture
novel portfolio of exciting medicines
to benefit patients around the world.
If you aim to be part of a global cutting edge drug development and discovery organization
and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients
, join us!
Click to know more about GSK Biopharm. #GSKBiopharm_Development
The Associate Scientist assists the manufacture of clinical supply of investigational biopharmaceutical molecules. Specifically, hands-on cGMP manufacture of mid to large scale purification of bulk drug substance for use in early phase clinical trials .
The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Performs hands-on processing of large-scale purification steps under cGMP regulatory conditions. Processing steps include: Column packing, Chromatography, UltraFiltration/DiaFiltration, Depth Filtration, Bulk Drug Fill
- Executes and overseas production of clinical supplies based on established scientific procedures and protocols and implements improvements with minimal supervision; interprets data and draws conclusions from the data
- Completes activities requiring independent thought that have the potential to comprise 50-100% of the employee's time depending on production campaigns
- Supports the technology transfer process through active participation in ensuring that new processes fit and execute consistently
- Performs cleaning/sanitization of equipment and associated parts utilizing equipment washers, Clean-In-Place (CIP) systems as well as manual cleaning methods
- Prepares, assembles and sterilizes via autoclave of equipment and process components
- Prepares buffers, including weigh and dispense, formulation, and filtration activities
- In addition to manufacturing responsibilities, works on projects and assignments where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in order to resolve problems and make recommendations
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. The responsibilities of the role include the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Leads or works on projects and assignments where independent action and a high degree of initiative and knowledge are required for execution or to provide recommendations
- Anticipates/recognizes potential problems with equipment and/or supplies, and proactively seeks input from other Scientists to take action to solve or prevent problems
- Represent the group during cross-functional initiatives
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Train and mentor less experienced manufacturing scientists
- Recognizes potential safety and compliance problems and takes action to rectify
- Troubleshoots problems in the execution of processing activities; proactively assesses options and impact and takes action to rectify or communicate to appropriate decision makers
- Authors Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Safety Assessments, and various other protocols with minimal supervision
- Reviews and approves executed documentation, Buffer Forms, and/or Batch Records prior to submission to Quality Assurance (QA) to insure adherence to cGMPs and proper documentation practices
- Leads deviation investigations and implementation of CAPAs stemming from Safety or Compliance observations
- Identifies process improvement opportunities with impact on safety, compliance, and efficiency/cost
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree Chemical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or other engineering or scientific field OR 2+ years of GMP experience.
- Must be available to work off-shift hours: early mornings, late evenings/nights, and weekends if necessary
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment
- Large-scale downstream manufacturing experience
- Thorough knowledge of routine laboratory/plant equipment and demonstrates high level of technical expertise with working familiarity with a number of methods, techniques, laboratory procedures and processes
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, and communicates well both verbally and through written communications. Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers
- Ability to work as self-starter and handle multiple priorities in a dynamic cross-functional team based environment
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the most significant changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record