Are you energized by building advocacy for a therapeutic strategy through leadership, education, and development of partnerships with key External Experts and Professional Bodies? If so, this Field Based Medical Affairs Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As Field Based Medical Affairs Manager you will be responsible for leadership of the external engagement strategy aligned to the therapeutic portfolio, as well as the design & implementation of the external engagement plan including the advocacy plan aligned to Therapy area strategies, driving a consistent approach to carrying out engagement activities in the field.This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Put in place and execute an agreed external engagement & advocacy strategy, which includes National Professional Bodies, individual External Experts and Primary Care Organizations (PCOs.)
- Identify and agree with cross functional internal stakeholders, therapy area thought leaders and Professional, Academic & Patient groups.
- Engage with & influence appropriate sub-sets of US therapy area thought leaders to pro-actively support GSK therapy strategies.
- Identify & lead internal stakeholders including global franchise, R&D, National & Regional management teams in driving external engagement & advocacy plans, by engaging the external expert community as required.
- Design & drive implementation of appropriate educational meetings, advisory boards, & scientific workshops
- In conjunction with aligned commercial functions co-create the US Congress Plan
- Provide strategic insight from the external expert community, to support ‘critical issues management' plans, working with head office and field-based directors to diagnose, plan and implement necessary actions.
- Facilitate appropriate involvement for External Experts with the Global Therapy area Franchise and other above country initiatives such as advice seeking, market research, content development and clinical trials.
- Ensure ethical engagement of Healthcare Professionals and work with Ethical Leadership to ensure relevant company policies are followed.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Pharm D, PhD, or M.D.
- A minimum of 2 years clinical practice and/or pharmaceutical industry experience. Vaccines experience preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience applying knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans in a clinical setting.
- Previous clinical experience in situations where direct/indirect decision-making authority for patient care was demonstrated is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both one on one and group settings.
- Above average computer literacy and willingness to utilize a variety of software applications.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and independently with time management skills to effectively manage field-based responsibilities; Proven ability to work across a commercial and medical matrix team.
- Strong communication skills: demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for medical engagement and develop a set of scientific engagement goals. Strong presentation skills.
- Clear understanding of clinical research methodologies and a demonstrated ability to translate scientific, clinical and safety research studies in an effective credible manner. Able to independently evaluate the scientific literature regarding scientific research.
- Experience operating in a highly dynamic, changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a command of a large amount of scientific information across multiple products and show effective written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong trusted relationships, with key decision makers.
- Demonstrated customer-focus, problem solving abilities and strong conflict resolution skills.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record