The EMEA-LATAM product development team objectives
are to deliver and execute key innovation projects from concept to launch, develop robust formulations and products that delight our consumers and address their unmet needs, and act as subject matter experts.
The Product Development Scientist
supports new product development by developing formulations and/or providing analysis and evaluation of material and products at all stages of the development process, considering scientific, business, and timing objectives. This individual would have various levels of involvement in the development of conventional and non-conventional solid, semi-solid, liquid, and other formulations. She/he needs to demonstrate professionalism and have the consumers at the heart of all her/his actions and decisions. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to learn, agile, who walks the talk and who knows how to build relationships and trust with an inclusive mindset.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:Execution Powerhouse
- Manages or contributes to one or more projects in support of Business Unit innovation strategy.
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the-art technology. Creates research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Implements written procedures & departmental quality documentation (including SOP's, batch documentation, validation protocols & reports) and ensures work is conducted accordingly
- Deliver all EHS standards and expectations on site and within the laboratories
- Works with Outsourcing Leader and/or Senior Development Scientists and contractors to facilitate completion of outsourced support activity
Consumer and Customer-Obsessed
- Highlights own training needs and works with manager to develop a training plan and achieve training goals while training self and others in new technology and laboratory responsibilities (including coaching, mentoring and elements of personal development).
- Develops knowledge of regulations impacting areas of work (e.g. EP/USP/ICH)
- Work with Consumer Understanding and Sensory scientists in development of consumer-guided innovation
- Ensures work is always conducted following good scientific practice and Good Manufacturing Practice (where required) and maintains precise experimental records; issues reports at project milestones; writes invention records to protect scientific discoveries.
Participates in general problem solving or leads problem solving initiatives
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional, or related science
- Experience required - 4 years (BS); 2 years (MS)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why Consumer Healthcare?
- Ability to apply scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects.
- Knowledge of R&D development processes and associated commercial environment.
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- An ability to organise and report study data from internal and external sources.
- Flair for creativity and innovation
- Computer literate.
- Basic understanding of statistics and its application to experimental work.
Right now, we're on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We're doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year - over a billion and a half of them - and it goes beyond products. It's about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we're uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business. This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It's an opportunity to be part of something special.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record