US Medical Director, Vaccines, MD
Reporting to the US Medical Director, the US Medical Director
will conduct MRC reviews and approvals for the COVID-19 Vaccine Integrated Data Hub (IDH) which is a key strategic goal for Pfizer's Vaccines Business Unit in 2022-2023. IDH is a medical-to-medical website with the objective to provide up-to-date clinical trial and real-world evidence from peer-reviewed publications for the COVID-19 vaccine. This initiative is sponsored by the Vaccines BU Chief Medical Officer.
The US Medical Director will work collaboratively across the broader mRNA US Medical team and key stakeholders (e.g. field medical, health economics and outcomes research colleagues, global medical, medical information, etc.) to launch and maintain IDH. The US Medical Director will also provide Pfizer cross-functional partners with medical insights gained from the IDH site data analysis, search querying, and site performance. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate cross functionally with field medical, USMI, PHI, legal, commercial, compliance and other cross functional colleagues to review, approve, enhance content, and maintain relevance of truthful, accurate and not misleading medical data for IDH
- Serve as a reliable expert source of scientific knowledge for clinical, disease state, real-world evidence, surveillance and epidemiologic data
- Serve as an expert in publications searching and literature review
- Support internal data interpretation and alignment activities
- Support internal medical training curriculum for IDH site launches and enhancements
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- MD/DO or equivalent professional degrees with 7 + years of experience in either the pharmaceutical industry, academic centers, clinical practice or a combination of these; Knowledge of pharmaceutical space in Vaccines TA
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers,developand coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Experience as medical reviewer for US Medical Review Committee
- Experience in US Medical Affairs is essential, ex-US is desirable
- Expertise or experience in vaccines is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively lead in a matrix organization
Other job details:
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job : 07/08/2022
- Additional Location Information: US - remote
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.