Histology at GSK
At our world-class scientific hub in Upper Providence, US, our Non-Clinical Histology department currently has an exciting career opportunity for a talented Molecular Histologist with a passion for science, multi-discipline integration, and applying their skill set to addressing human disease. We understand that the fewer barriers there are, the better our work can be. That is why we encourage an enterprising and highly collaborative approach to Discovery projects and Pre-Clinical programs.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Developing & delivering single & low (2-6 plex) number multiplex immunohistochemistry /Immunofluorescence (IHC/IF)/in situ hybridization (ISH) and dual IHC/ISH protocols in support of non-clinical histology
- Responsible for human sample cut-up, fixation/freezing, biobanking, documentation and sample QC, including ensuring compliance with the GSK policy on HBSM.
- Independently determining optimal assay conditions to assess biotherapeutics for Tissue Cross Reactivity (TCR) studies. Transfer optimised method to contract research organisations for application to GLP studies on projects.
- Supporting the use of digital histology image collection of slides and apply advanced image analysis algorithms using commercially available platforms (e.g. HALO, Visiopharm).
- Adopting and routinely apply other tissue-based assay technologies as they become embedded within the histology community.
- Working collaboratively with Discovery pathologists to identify project needs and develop tissue-based experiments to address project questions by agreed timelines.
- Working in partnership with project teams to understand project issues, provide input and report data to matrix teams, including close networking with all imaging groups across GSK.
- Where needed due to study size, provide additional necropsy support on a range of animal species and strains, including non-standard study designs, and provide accurate recording of necropsy data including macroscopic findings.
- Maintaining timely communication to named key study personnel, other key stakeholders and Management, of study related events and/or deviations
- Sharing responsibility for lab management, equipment maintenance, safety rep and similar roles
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BSc/MSc in Biomedical sciences, cellular pathology, biology, biochemistry or immunology.
- Track record of successfully working up/optimising IHC and ISH protocols
- Proven track record and expertise in Molecular Histology techniques; IHC, IF, ISH (multi & duplex assays), High throughput/high content IHC, Proteomics; Western, qPCR, RT-PCR.
- Demonstrated Digital pathology expertise in tissue & cell based Image analysis using commercially available platforms/software
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- QIHC certification is preferred
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together. *LI-GSK
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record