You will join our Cancer Immunology Discovery (CID) group which is focused on the generation of large molecule immunotherapeutics that promote anti-tumor activity or counter immunosuppression in the tumor microenvironment. Protein engineering efforts are supported by a world class antibody generation program, and a commitment to effective biotherapeutic design that stresses both ingenuity and simplicity. Our team takes a holistic approach to understanding the interplay of tumor, stromal, and immune cells in the tumor microenvironment, striving to define the axes of intercellular communication that could be leveraged to generate novel therapeutics.
You will contribute to protein engineering activities for the identification of novel biotherapeutics. You will work closely with individuals in both protein engineering, antibody discovery, and immunology/oncology groups to innovate and develop the next-generation of protein therapeutics for cancer immunotherapy.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out hands-on lab work to apply molecular biology, protein biochemistry and protein engineering techniques to generate novel protein therapeutics to target immune system.
- Participate and present in internal and external collaboration meetings as well as at site and cross-site meetings.
- Independently drive innovation and practical solutions for therapeutic engineering challenges.
- Communicate experimental findings accurately and concisely in both oral and written formats.
- Deliver novel drug development opportunities through the rapid incorporation of emerging biotechnologies to ensure our team continues research on the leading-edge of oncology drug discovery.
- MS with 8+ years experience or PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related discipline.
- Technical experience should include construct design, protein expression, purification, and characterization.
- Experience using structural and biophysical tools for protein design, affinity tuning and stabilization.
- Experience independently designing, planning, and interpreting experiments.
- Strong track record of scientific accomplishments demonstrated through publications in highly regarded journals and/or intellectual property generation.
- Postdoctoral training
- Demonstrated interest in therapeutic protein design.
- Technical experience with instruments such as GE AKTA (preferably Avant), Agilent HPLC, Perkin-Elmer LabChip, Octet or Biacore.
- Prior experience in working with immune system derived proteins like antibodies, MHC/TCRs, and antibody-like scaffold proteins is preferred.
- Protein modeling and experience analyzing protein structures
- Liquid handler programming and high throughput protein expression and purification
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and a desire to work in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
Less than 5% travel
Relocation support availablePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development