You will be a member of a talented team of R&D business and operations professionals. This team is responsible for leading high priority projects within Pfizer's Worldwide Research, Development and Medical (WRDM) organization and developing Pfizer's strategy to lead in mRNA-based vaccines and therapeutics. As part of this team, you will work directly with senior leaders, including the President of WRDM, to develop a roadmap for the organization and drive change. You will leverage your strong experience in R&D strategy to drive complex cross-functional projects. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive select projects within WRDM to deliver business critical insights to Pfizer leaders, such as the Executive Leadership Team, in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. These projects may include:
- Leading select operational initiatives across Pfizer therapeutic areas, including delivering key aspects of the Corporate Strategic Plan and representing WRDM on corporate project teams.
- Developing the strategic vision for mRNA technology at Pfizer and working cross-functionally with key stakeholders, such as Business Development, to enable decision-making on critical topics and ensure successful execution of the strategy. Identifying and prioritizing opportunities to deliver innovative medicines across Pfizer's portfolio and advancing these priorities in collaboration with Pfizer's Chief Scientific Officers and other WRDM leaders.
- Maximizing the effectiveness of the President of WRDM on key internal and external deliverables.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues, and create business impact.
- Masters or other advanced degree
- Minimum 3 years strategic planning experience in a top-tier management consulting firm or in-house strategy team in a biopharmaceutical company.
- Strong knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience synthesizing and communicating complex information and delivering impactful recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Experience leading complex strategic projects to drive organizational change while balancing potential impacts on the R&D pipeline, financials, and strategic position.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- PhD or MD in a scientific or medical related field
- Familiarity with applications of mRNA and lipid nanoparticles for vaccines and therapeutics.
- Locations: Cambridge, MA or New York, NY
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development