We are building a state-of-the-art
end to end Biopharm capability which delivers efficient discovery
of antibody molecules that are selected and engineered for rapid development so that, together with our therapy area partners, we discover, develop and manufacture
novel portfolio of exciting medicines
to benefit patients around the world.
If you aim to be part of a global cutting edge drug development and discovery organization
and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients
, join us!
Click to know more about GSK Biopharm. #GSKBiopharm_Development
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Biopharmaceutical Process Development is a highly experienced Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) organization accountable for delivering robust, cost effective and competitive products and manufacturing processes spanning the full life-cycle of asset development from Discovery through commercialization. These activities are delivered through state-of-the art internal facilities as well as strategic external partners. Collectively, the team is accountable for CMC activities encompassing cell line development, cell culture/ microbial fermentation, purification development, and drug product/ device development. We also pioneer innovative technologies to improve robustness, reduce cost of goods, and improve the patient experience.
Within Biopharmaceutical Process Development (BPD), the Downstream Development (DPD) department is responsible for the development of harvest and purification processes for the manufacture of GSK's Biopharm assets. The Department is also responsible for the scale-up and technology transfer of the processes to manufacturing facilities all over the world. Our aim is to integrate innovative processes and platforms, automation and advanced data analytics into the downstream process development workflow. An opportunity has arisen for a data enablement specialist with the ability to assist in the development of information systems to support the gathering, curation and visualization of scientific data.
In this role, you will be a member of a highly skilled team of scientists, engineers and IT specialists responsible for development and maintenance of information systems, such as electronic lab notebooks (ELN), reference data management, and visualization tools. Although most of the work will be supporting DPD, these data enablement efforts span the entire BPD organization, as well as the broader R&D organization. The role also involves important aspects of verbal and written communication and requires good organisation skills. You will be working in a matrix team and therefore the role will suit someone with good interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, is self-motivated and has an open mindset.
Key responsibilities include:
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Participation in the development of software and hardware solutions, to serve as an advocate for scientists in BPD that will be using these systems.
- Construction and maintenance of dashboards to provide insight into business and scientific concerns.
- To facilitate implementation and adoption of solutions by serving as a lead user in one or more information systems.
- To facilitate usage of information systems for scientists in the labs by overseeing the deployment of fit for purpose hardware (i.e. automation, tablets, barcode scanners, touch-screen dashboards).
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Bioprocess/Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or Statistical Sciences.
- Experience programming in one or more languages (e.g. Python, SQL, JS, VB.NET).
- Experience effectively communicating and influencing senior stakeholders, scientists, and IT colleagues.
- Experience working with information technologies and systems and their applications in CMC activities (e.g. Laboratory Information Management Systems, Electronic Lab Notebooks, Chromatography Data Systems, Distributed Control Systems).
- Experience implementing new ways of working.
- Experience in assembling, analyzing, and visualizing complex data sets (e.g. Spotfire, Power BI).
- Experience with the overall biopharmaceutical development process.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 1+ years of industry experience (preferably in a CMC organization).
- Highly motivated self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Agile software development.
- Served as an administrator and/or subject-matter expert for the support and/or development of scientific information systems. Experience serving as a change manager or change agent for a project.
- Developed an application used across multiple business units.
- Data science and modelling expertise.
- Lab experience in biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical development.
- Business analysis for gathering of software requirements.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the most significant changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record