The Medical Information Director plays a critical role in ensuring that Medical Information content is scientifically balanced, evidence-based, up to date and meets the scientific needs of customers to help inform clinical care and formulary access decisions and other strategies which can have significant impact on the appropriate use of GSK products. The MI Director is accountable for leading a team of MI Managers responsible for planning and maintaining robust MI database and ensuring highest standard in review and approval of promo and non-promo materials for a particular therapeutic area. This role supports the Sr. MI Director - Specialty and General Medicine to develop and execute the MI strategy including innovative digital MI solutions.
The MI Director possesses a good understanding of business priorities and the scientific evidence requirements of Health Care Providers (HCPs) and understand how HCPs and population-based decision makers are using scientific evidence to inform decisions, deploy population-management programs and cost containment strategies, and control new product coverage/use. The MI Director serves as an influential partner to both the Medical Affairs and Commercial organizations.Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead and oversee a group of MI Managers for a specific TA, who will be sought out as subject matter experts for their products within the broader medical organization.
- Accountable for ensuring the team plan and maintain a robust, high quality and up to date MI database incorporating medical insights to help inform clinical decision making by HCPs
- Accountable for ensuring copy approval (promotional and non-promotional) activities meet the highest standards of compliance and agreed timelines
- Contribute to the development, and execution of the MI CoE strategic priorities including digital solutions to ensure internal/external stakeholder information needs are optimally met.
- Works in close partnership with other MI Directors to ensure alignment and consistency in ways of working in database management as well as copy approval
- Act as a delegate of the Sr. MI Director at Leadership team meetings, as required.
- Ensure medical information needs of customers are met within the evolving healthcare landscape for the TA area of responsibility
- Ensure insights from MI related to the TA products are shared with relevant TA medical stakeholders.
- Ensure effective scientific exchange with external customers driving excellence in MI activities at important US and Global Congresses, leveraging innovative digital solutions
- Accountable for ensuring medical information requirements of the payer strategy for the U.S are met.
- Accountable for Medical Information launch readiness plans to ensure internal and external customer information needs are addressed specifically ensuring alignment and support of medical information resources for scientific engagement.
- Manages, mentors and develops the team members and ensures they have adequate training and tools and facilitate their professional development through differentiated development plans.
- Represent Medical Information on cross functional or Medical leadership meetings/forums of the TA area of responsibility.
- Strategically partner with key global TA and local medical stakeholders to maintain a good understanding of medical strategy of high priority products of the TA and ensure MI content meets the needs of HCPs worldwide.
We are looking for professionals with these required qualifications and skills to achieve our goals:
- PharmD, MD, PhD or equivalent.
- 4 years or more experience in Pharmaceutical Industry (including 3+ years in Medical).
- 4 years or more experience in customer focused, problem solving and conflict resolution role.
- 4 years or more experience in medical writing and copy approval.
- 3 years or more experience working in a highly dynamic, changing, and matrixed environment
- Strong clinical literature evaluation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience leading teams, preferably teams of subject matter experts
- Experience operating in a highly dynamic, changing, and matrixed environment
- Experience developing and maintaining strong, trusted relationships with internal stakeholders
- Customer-focused, problem solving abilities and strong conflict resolution skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 4 years or more experience developing scientific or medical information material for HCPs, Payers, Patients, Public Health Authorities or Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) customers (directly or indirectly) in a global/local communications role
- Experience working in external-facing and global medical teams
- Experience managing people and leading large projects
- Experience communicating and translating evidence and customer insights to/with matrix team partners; proven ability to develop innovative, customer-focused medical solutions and resources.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record