Are you interested in playing a highly critical role, ensuring that Medical Information content is scientifically balanced, meeting the needs of customers that impact the appropriate use of GSK products? If so, this Sr. Medical Information Director role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
The Sr. Medical Information (MI) Director - Specialty & General Medicine within Medical Information Centre of Excellence plays a critical role in ensuring that MI content is scientifically balanced, evidence-based, up to date and meets the scientific needs of customers to help inform clinical care and formulary access decisions and other strategies which can have significant impact on the appropriate use of GSK products. The Sr. MI Director is accountable for leading a team of MI Managers responsible for planning and maintaining robust MI database and ensuring highest standard in review and approval of promo and non-promo materials for the Specialty & General Medicine therapeutic area. This role supports the Global Head - MI Centre of Excellence to develop and execute the MI strategy including innovative digital MI solutions.
The Sr. MI Director possesses a good understanding of business priorities and the scientific evidence requirements of Health Care Providers (HCPs) and understand how HCPs and population-based decision makers are using scientific evidence to inform decisions, deploy population-management programs and cost containment strategies, and control new product coverage/use. The Sr. MI Director serves as an influential partner to both the Medical Affairs and Commercial organizations.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Lead and oversee a group of 15-20 MI Managers for the Specialty & General Medicine TAs, who will be sought out as subject matter experts for their products within the broader medical organization.
- Accountable for ensuring the team plan and maintain a robust, high quality and up to date MI database incorporating medical insights to help inform clinical decision making by HCPs.
- Accountable for ensuring copy approval (promotional and non-promotional) activities meet the highest standards of compliance and agreed timelines.
- Contribute to the development, and execution of the MI CoE strategic priorities including digital solutions to ensure internal/external stakeholder information needs are optimally met.
- Works in close partnership with other Sr. MI Directors to ensure alignment and consistency in ways of working in database management as well as copy approval.
- Act as a delegate of the Global Head of MI CoE at Leadership team meetings, as required.
- Ensure medical information needs of customers are met within the evolving healthcare landscape of the Specialty & General Medicine TA.
- Ensure insights from MI related to the TA products are shared with relevant TA medical stakeholders.
- Ensure effective scientific exchange with external customers driving excellence in MI activities at important US and Global Congresses, leveraging innovative digital solutions
- Accountable for ensuring medical information requirements of the payer strategy for the U.S are met.
- Accountable for Medical Information launch readiness plans to ensure internal and external customer information needs are addressed specifically ensuring alignment and support of medical information resources for scientific engagement.
- Manages, mentors and develops the team members and ensures they have adequate training and tools and facilitate their professional development through differentiated development plans.
- Represent Medical Information on cross functional or Medical leadership meetings/forums of the TA area of responsibility.
- Strategically partner with key global TA and local medical stakeholders to maintain a good understanding of medical strategy of high priority products of the TA and ensure MI content meets the needs of HCPs worldwide.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Pharm.D, MD or equivalent.
- 8 years or more experience in Pharmaceutical Industry (including 5+ years in Medical Information/Medical Affairs).
- 8 years or more experience in customer focused, problem solving and conflict resolution role.
- 5 years or more experience in medical writing and copy approval.
- 5 years or more experience working in a highly dynamic, changing, and matrixed.
- 5 years or more experience in leading a team of subject matter experts environment.
- Strong clinical literature evaluation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience operating in a highly dynamic, changing, and matrixed environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong, trusted relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Customer-focus, problem solving abilities and strong conflict resolution skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 5 years or more experience developing scientific or medical information material for HCPs, Payers, Patients, Public Health Authorities or Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) customers (directly or indirectly) in a global/local communications role.
- Experience working in external-facing and global medical teams.
- Experience leading large projects.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritization, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organizational transformation.
- Building a resilient organization.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organization and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
In return for your expertise in these critical areas, GSK will offer you the opportunity to showcase your skillset with a leadership that values, recognizes and rewards talent!
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record