Are you looking for an opportunity to build a career in Medical Affairs,
and to use you medical, clinical, and research skills to develop and deliver comprehensive scientific information to support the effective and appropriate positioning and use of healthcare products? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
As a Principal Scientist/Sr. Medical Affairs Manager - Wellness / Nutrition
you will be responsible for providing strategic medical direction for the Wellness/Nutrition and Dietary Supplements - US & Global portfolio
- and applying an evidence-based approach in supporting the development and communication of information/education that supports the use of GSK Consumer Health products.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key Medical Affairs activities for the Wellness/Nutrition and Dietary Supplements.Responsibilities include:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Provide strategic medical direction on scientific engagements, collaborations, educational initiatives, and communications to help advance GSKCH trusted science.
- Establish education strategic priorities and determine appropriate information and tools to communicate in collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute medical communication plans (i.e., CME, Ad Boards, Congresses) and scientific messaging as deemed appropriate.
- Conduct internal and external trainings/in-services as required.
- Create and deliver claims & educational content that helps consumers and healthcare professionals understand use of our products.
- Contribute to the development, review, and approval of promotional and non-promotion medical content to ensure compliance guidelines are met.
- Provide internal medical advice to stakeholders through promotional review/copy approval and other activities.
- Evaluate the competitive environment, opportunities for collaboration, and current trends impacting the healthcare sector of Wellness/Nutrition/Dietary Supplements.
- Communicate data supporting our products in publications, at medical meetings, and in other external facing formats.
- Conduct scientific engagement with external experts: develop and maintain relationships with key external experts for Advisory Boards, one-on-one consultations, and other collaborations.
- Builds strong relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external.
- Align with key internal stakeholders on scientific position/claims to ensure one medical voice for Wellness/Nutrition category globally.
- Be a credible ambassador for GSKCH, in order to help inform GSK activities and to help deliver business objectives.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of products, competitors, and related medical areas and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure full compliance with governance principles while seeking appropriate business solutions.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Advanced degree in biomedical/health sciences
- 3+ years of experience in Medical/Scientific Affairs related role in consumer healthcare/food/dietary supplement industry
- Experience in external scientific engagement and healthcare professional education
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why Consumer Healthcare?
- PhD, MD, RDN, PharmD or similarly trained healthcare professional.
- 5+ years of experience in Medical/Scientific Affairs related role in consumer healthcare/food/dietary supplement industry
- Knowledge and expertise in human nutrition sciences, naturals, dietary supplements, and/or health & wellness preferred
- Highly organized and self-directed individual possessing excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong background in the interpretation, evaluation, translation, and communication of science for consumer and healthcare professional audiences
Right now, we're on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We're doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year - over a billion and a half of them - and it goes beyond products. It's about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we're uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business. This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It's an opportunity to be part of something special.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record