Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will have the important role to generate high-quality immunoassay data in a regulated Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) setting to support Pfizer's vaccine programs according to Standard Operating Procedures. You will support the development and qualification of ligand binding Immunoassays and monitor immunoassay lifecycle. In addition, you will also support throughput activities and provide testing support for clinical and non-clinical research programs.
Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Perform all functions to support immunoassay development and qualification.
- Perform assays to support critical assay reagent testing, assay development and troubleshooting.
- Collect, collate and analyze data on a per project basis to support troubleshooting, development, qualification, and other lab projects.
- Assist in ordering supplies from internal inventory and order/prepare reagents/supplies necessary for assay work.
- Assist in updating and writing documents associated with assays, including information/data archiving, SOPs and status reports.
- Satisfactorily completes all GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Stay current on all departmental and corporate training.
- Organize assigned work according to established departmental priorities.
- Identify and report any experimental problems, proactively troubleshoot causative factors, and implement necessary corrections following discussion with supervisor.
- Present progress on assay development and sample analysis to colleagues and senior management.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years relevant experience, or a Masters degree with a minimum of 1 year relevant experience is required.
- Laboratory experience in a biology, immunology and/or microbiology.
- Experience with experimental design and the interpretation of results.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers, including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Knowledge of Luminex technology and automation.
- Experience in developing and troubleshooting ligand binding immunoassays.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development