Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Working in the Applied Synthesis Technologies group, you will apply cutting edge chemical synthesis capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a creative, highly motivated synthetic organic chemist to join our Pfizer Global Research and Development laboratories based in Groton, CT. As part of the Applied Synthesis and Technology (AST) Group, the successful applicant will contribute to the execution of synthetic technologies (compound library synthesis, high-throughput chemistry screening, biocatalysis, photocatalysis, and flow chemistries) to drive advancement of programs across the small molecule portfolio. The candidate will work directly with medicinal chemistry project teams to generate compound libraries on miniaturized scale and use synthetic technologies to overcome challenging chemistry problems.How You Will Achieve It
Qualifications Must Have
- Design, develop and execute PMC protocols to deliver libraries of analogues of preclinical candidates.
- Carry out a variety of synthesis technologies in support of Pfizer's small molecule discovery programs.
- As a strong team player, work with partner lines to deliver on project goals via collaboration and clear communication (written and oral).
- Build effective partnerships with other research lines, in particular: analytical, medicinal, and process chemistry.
Education and Experience
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry with 0-2 years' of experience
- Understanding of reaction mechanisms and reactivity and familiarity with a range of reaction types, conditions and scales.
- Knowledge of purification methods and characterization of organic compounds, especially NMR and mass spectroscopy.
Education and experience
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation, liquid handler robotics, and use of a glove box
- Experience in multistep synthesis and/or experience in methodology development
- Makes good decisions in a timely manner, sometimes under tight deadlines.
- Capable of quickly adapting to changes in project direction.
- Responds well to scientific challenges and applies significant rigor to their own work.
Drive and accountability
- Steadfastly pushes self to achieve results and deliver on goals.
- Is seen as a team player and is cooperative.
- Easily gains support and trust of peers.
- Encourages collaboration.
Work Location Assignment: On PremisePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development