You will join a dynamic team of scientists in our Oncology Translational Sciences Group and play a lead role in using models of cancer to evaluate new drug candidates, mechanisms, and targets.
You will participate in pre-clinical drug discovery and development programs with a focus on tumor intrinsic biology related to signal transduction, targeted therapeutics, and epigenetics. You will characterize and develop large and small molecules in close collaboration with partner lines as an integral member of the drug discovery teams. You will employ and develop cutting edge in vivo mouse and human cancer models. You will provide technical and scientific expertise in in vivo Pharmacology across ORD to enable target identification, validation, prioritization, and efficient drug discovery. . ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work within multi-functional teams to support large and small molecule drug discovery and combination therapy.
- Design and conduct in vivo studies to evaluate and establish efficacy, PK/PD relationship, combination strategy, biomarker identification and analysis.
- Interpretation, presentation and documentation of experiments within an electronic lab notebook, as well as preparation of reports.
- Written and verbal presentation of results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Develop and characterize new in vivo mouse models, including syngeneic tumor and genetically engineered mouse (GEM) models, to study biologic mechanisms and support exploration of novel therapies.
- Publication of results in scientific peer-reviewed journals and presentations at internal, national, and international meetings
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Immunology or related discipline
- Expertise in in vivo pharmacology and experience with animal models of human cancers as well as strong publication record or evidence of equivalent achievements in industry is desired.
- Expertise with GEMM and humanized models highly desirable.
- Hands on in vivo (e.g.: IV, PO dosing, blood/tissue collection, tumor implantation) and ex vivo skills (flow cytometry, western blot, ELISA).
- Track record of important contributions to cancer biology, immuno-oncology, or related fields.
- Current knowledge of oncology research, drug discovery and development, with emphasis on drug resistance.
- Experience following novel scientific or technological developments, and implementing them in the lab.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English. Proficiency in all common office and scientific software.
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and diverse team environment.
- Experience in the study of cell cycle related Cyclin Dependent Kinases including direct assessments of cellular activity, localization and interaction with their molecular networks.
- Experience leading or mentoring people
Must be willing and able to work after hours as needed to ensure study integrity.OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development