What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) is a pioneering research unit that partners with leading academic research and medical centers to translate novel findings into therapies that change patients' lives. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional scientist to leverage their deep subject matter expertise and technical skills while collaborating with world-leading academic investigators and multidisciplinary research teams at Pfizer. For this role, we are seeking a driven scientist with a broad and extensive background in biomedical research as demonstrated by a track record of high-quality publications and work history. The candidate will help craft biology strategy, identify and assess external collaborative opportunities, support assay development, and evaluate molecular mechanisms of action and drug-target pharmacology.How You Will Achieve it
The candidate will be expected to conduct independent and highly innovative research leveraging in broad areas of interest to Pfizer that include diseases of the renal system among many others. The candidate will be expected to design, direct, and conduct molecular and cellular experiments to better understand the biology of drug targets/pathways and to use the tools created to evaluate early stage large and small molecule drug leads. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to the strategic research directions of CTI, identification and evaluation of early-stage projects entering the CTI research portfolio, and to develop research plans to validate and advance such programs in collaboration with external and internal experts.
CTI identifies, evaluates, initiates, and advances drug development programs in collaboration with all disease area research units in Pfizer. Consequently, this role will require a scientist with an interest and aptitude to work on a diverse array of topics that could include oncology, inflammation/immunology, metabolic disease, and rare diseases. Therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate abilities, interest, and the mental agility to pursue research outside of their specific area of expertise.
The candidate will be an individual contributor on collaborative, multidisciplinary teams comprised of scientists from CTI, disease research units, research partner-lines, and academic scientists. Therefore, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stake holders is essential.
The candidate will conduct research in a manner ensuring that aggressive project deliverables and timelines are met. The candidate is expected to embrace and embody the entrepreneurial spirit and biotech-like culture, values, and goals of CTI, and to contribute to an exciting, collaborative, productive, and scientifically rigorous working environment. QualificationsMust-Have
- PhD in the biological sciences preferably with an emphasis in renal biology.
- Impactful postdoctoral experience evidenced by top quality publications. Publication record should reflect significant knowledge in a biological discipline, preferably in renal biology.
- Strong desire to be a "hands-on" scientist who directly utilizes their technical expertise at the bench to test hypotheses, develop compelling data packages, and advance biological knowledge along with drug development projects.
- Technical skills should include experience with most or all of the following: Molecular and cell-based assay development (e.g., FACS/ Flow Cytometry, proliferation, reporter, ligand binding, etc. with multiple readouts), Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, etc.
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of cellular and molecular assays focused on understanding disease mechanisms and targets.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about learning new areas of biology and in creating practical applications of those learnings.
- Highly collaborative with a strong desire to make simultaneous contributions to multiple independent projects in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong English language written, and oral communication skills are essential.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Candidates with a prior research focus on renal biology with an emphasis on rare disorders will be given preference.
- Evidence of the ability to conduct innovative research outside the primary area of concentration is highly desirable.
- Prior industry experience is desirable but not necessary.
- Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo assessment of drug candidates is desirable.
- Desirable to have experience with the identification, evaluation, and implementation of novel technologies to enable target evaluation and assay development.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development