Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
This is a laboratory-based position within the Vaccine Research and Development - Analytical Development group. The candidate will perform routine analytical methodologies to characterize viral stocks generated in-house to support vaccine program activities, operating within both BSL-3 and BSL-2 laboratories. Analytical methodologies include cell based and molecular biology-based techniques such as but not limited to routine cell culture, plaque assays, qPCR, nucleic acid extraction, gel electrophoresis and sequencing . How You Will Achieve It
- Perform routine sample analysis, such as plaque assays, qPCR, nucleic acid extraction, gel electrophoresis, sequencing.
- Document all experimental work contemporaneously in either an electronic notebook or paper notebook as required.
- Independently analyze data obtained, including any necessary calculations, document results and conclusions and submit notebook to a supervisor or designee for review.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with BSL-3 requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete all assigned trainings in compliance with departmental requirements and follow appropriate safety practices in the workplace
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Virology, Cell biology or related discipline with minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a BSL-3 work environment is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of cell biology techniques including but not limited to routine cell culture and infectivity methods such as plaque assays is essential.
- Experience in viral stock characterization with cell based and molecular based technologies is preferred.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including but not limited to extraction of nucleic acids and qPCR is a plus.
- Experience using an electronic notebook is preferred.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS Other Job Details:
- Standard laboratory conditions - sitting, standing, primarily lab based
- Relocation support available
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development