Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
Biotherapeutic Discovery and Engineering (BDE) group within BioMedicine Design (BMD) is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist to support our therapeutic discovery efforts across a wide range of diseases. Our group is focused on designing and developing innovative therapeutic modalities and we are looking to expand our research team of driven scientists to aid in the development of novel protein- and RNA-based therapeutics. A desire to learn new techniques and expand the knowledge about novel technologies is essential as we look for a driven scientist motivated to have an impact on our innovative approaches. The individual will work collaboratively in a supportive environment to be trained on various DNA, RNA and protein related techniques.How You Will Achieve it
A successful candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- PCR, DNA cloning, gel electrophoresis, DNA purification and quantitation
- In vitro transcription of mRNA, quantitation, and quality control by electrophoresis
- Cell transfection with DNA and mRNA
- Assess protein expression with ELISA, Western blot and flow cytometry
- Screen constructs by ELISA, HTRF or related biochemical methods
- Track samples, constructs, and proteins with Genedata Biologics Software
- Record keeping using electronic laboratory notebook
- Interact closely with project teams and team leads.
- Bachelors with 2+ years of professional experience or a thesis based Master's Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field
- 1 year of experience handling nucleic acids, with skills in molecular biology, cloning, electrophoresis, DNA/RNA characterization
- Strong track record of successful experimental execution and interpretation of results
- Capable of completing experiments with limited supervision after training
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with scientists with different backgrounds
- Creative, innovative, with strong problem-solving approach.
- Experience with working with RNA, mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with assays of protein expression or function (ELISA, flow cytometry, cell-based signaling assays).
- Drug discovery experience.
- Coding skills.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- S itting, standing, walking, bending.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development