Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and optimize upstream process for mammalian cell culture and virus production. The position requires a good working knowledge of mammalian cell culture development and virus propagation. The scope of responsibility includes performing key activities associated with mammalian cell culture such as media/feed optimization, virus infection and titer determination etc. Experience in applied research via internship, summer study or course work is highly desirable Careful documentation of work and presentation of data is required. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to SOP guidelines and cGMP/GLP regulations, where applicable.How You Will Achieve It
QUALIFICATIONS Must Have
- Optimize infection conditions to achieve high virus titer
- Develop and carry out assays to measure virus titer
- Develop process to purify virus
- Bank and keep record of virus batches
- Collaborate with colleagues within Vaccine Research and Development organization including Bioprocess Purification, Analytical, and Formulation Development groups
- Present problems and propose solutions in discussions with group members. Offer insights based on experience to group members to help solve existing problems
- Work with supervisor to analyze, interpret present experimental data
- Maintain detailed records and keep management informed as to the progress or issues
- Keep abreast of scientific/ technological development by participating in scientific meetings/ seminars and through regular scientific review
- Perform timely notebook entries and review for completed experiments
Nice to Have
- BS degree in Virology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and/or virus culture
- Experience with BSL-2 and BSL-3 is preferable
- Experience with virus titer determination is preferable
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to make aseptic transfers and perform the relevant laboratory functions.
- Mental requirements are a detailed understanding of the scientific subject matter, an ability to make scientific judgments and an ability to perform complex data analysis.
Other Job Details:
- Works irregular hours (weekends and outside of 9-5 format) as experiments warrant
- Relocation support available
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development