Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Viral Vaccine group is seeking for a motivated Scientist with a strong understanding and experience in nucleic acid research to contribute to our highly dynamic team in vaccine development. As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. The incumbent will develop and perform various assays (molecular and biochemical) to advance our RNA vaccine platform. The incumbent should possess strong molecular biology and biochemistry bench experience and skills. The position will include other duties as assigned. Work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and cGLP and/or cGMP guidelines where appropriate. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and be adaptable to a dynamic environment.How You Will Achieve It
- The incumbent is expected to apply molecular biology and biochemistry to advance our RNA-based vaccine platform, especially the RNA vaccine design strategies optimization.
- Perform molecular techniques that include (but are not limited to) recombinant DNA techniques, sequence analysis, DNA/RNA isolation, RT-qPCR/ddPCR, RNA manipulation and analysis.
- In collaboration with manager, interpret and summarize experimental data. Present experimental results at group meetings as needed.
- Generate and characterize reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Regular review of literature to maintain knowledge of scientific trends and industry processes, advance molecular biology, and nucleic acid-based vaccine.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Manage manual and robotic sample preparation, use and maintenance of appropriate equipment, and preparation of relevant reagents.
- Satisfactorily completes all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Adaptability to changing priorities and projects is expected.
- Train other analysts on established technologies and manage direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or a related scientific field.
- Bachelor's with +6 years or Master's with 3 years of laboratory research experience, industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques, such as: DNA constructs design, PCR, DNA extraction, cloning, agarose-gel analysis, DNA mini/maxi prep, and Sanger Sequencing data analysis. Experience in synthetic DNA synthesis, or codon optimization is a plus.
- Experience in biochemical assay development for manipulating and analyzing RNA (e.g. IVT, RNA isolation/quantification).
- Determine and analyze RNA structure and modification and optimize RNA structure for functionality.
- Must be detail-oriented; possess problem solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, and be a team player in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Strong laboratory training in aseptic technique is essential.
- Ability to work with infectious agents safely.
- Capacity to work effectively in a highly visible research program with time-constrained milestones.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Overtime hours needed during the pandemic.
- Eligible for Relocation Support
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFE Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development