Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.ROLE SUMMARY
The primary purpose of this job role is to function as a member of the Sample Management (SM) operations within Pfizer Vaccine Research and Development (VRD). The incumbent will be responsible for receiving samples from global clinical/study trials according to approved protocols and processes. The individual will participate in all aspects of tracking and documenting the chain of custody of samples. The incumbent's role will include sample receipt, documentation, storage, tracking, aliquoting, distribution to the testing labs, and sample disposal. The colleague will work in a team setting and will share roles and responsibilities as assigned by the team leader/manager.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The incumbent will be required to complete all processes as detailed in Sample Management's Standard Operating Procedures. The colleague will perform job responsibilities in compliance with GXP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- The candidate will receive samples from clinical trial sites and enter samples into an electronic database management system.
- Performs sample storage and retrieval using manual freezers and BiOS (automated freezer storage system).
- Performs manual sample aliquoting and aliquoting using the Hamilton robotic instrument.
- Ship samples and lab supplies to external and internal testing labs.
- Assists in the general maintenance of the Hamilton robotic instruments.
- Participates in the shipment discrepancy resolution process.
- Completes documentation according to cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements and archives documents as per applicable policies.
- Carries out sample disposal/sample destruction according to regulated policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Bachelor of Arts Degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- 0-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft applications including Word Processing, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a team setting
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Work in a lab environment for the majority of the workday
- Work with various types of bodily fluids
- Ability to lift racks/boxes up to 10 lbs
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development