As a Production Supervisor you would appliy GSK Values and Expectations into the execution and oversight of daily tasks by engaging positively with the team. Ensure that team members use a patient and team-first mentality to achieve site and personal goals. Provide first-line supervision of daily manufacturing operations to a team of Manufacturing Associates, who operate cell culture equipment, prepare media and solutions, conduct chromatographic separations, perform filtration & concentration operations, prepare buffers and solutions, and perform related administrative duties. Oversee production deliverables linked to technology transfers if supporting the NPI facility. Is responsible for the execution of training plans as well as longer term development of the associates in technical capability and behaviors and expectations. The supervisor will participate in and sometimes lead investigation and resolution of issues, working with quality assurance and other cross functional teams to do so. Serves as a leader within their department in regards to process and system optimization, maintaining the production schedule, driving continuous improvement, and participating in cross functional collaboration and teamwor. Off-shift hours (including night work) may be required.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Production Supervisors are expected to have the capability to perform production activities alongside Manufacturing Associates, while managing the absences and overall timesheets accordingly.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner, ensure adherence to all Data Integrity principles, and behave in accordance with site SOP's, GSK EHS standards, and relevant legal requirements, and ensure that their team do the same.
- Assures that the preparation of bulk biopharmaceutical intermediates meets all quality standards for cGMP, GSK and any other applicable regulatory agency through the oversight and rigorous documentation review of their team's activities.
- Attends daily meetings to dictate, change, or maintain the production schedule, or ensures a delegate does the same
- Supports successful implementation of new products and processes into the facility, including all appropriate equipment and area changeover activities.
- Maintains a high level of competency with current and emerging digital platforms (SAP, EBR, AR/VR, etc)
- Is a developing SME of their area, participating in area tours, supporting local or regulatory inspections, resolving technical issues, and managing self and team deliverables on time.
- Develops Manufacturing Associate work assignments to meet production schedules and to assure that resources are used efficiently and that product delivery targets are met with no accidents or defects. Coordinates with other departments in conjunction with on the floor operations.
- Accountable for routine documentation of Manufacturing Associate development and/or performance management though activities such as assignments and associated technical training programs, to the individual benefit of the associates as well as to meet 9-box, succession plan, and engagement targets
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to deliver safe, high quality results
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Preferred Qualifications :
- BS/BA or Associates Degree in a Technical field or equivalent eg Engineering, Biology, Chemistry
- 2+ years of directly related experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry or 5 or more years of equivalent experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge and experience in a production area (e.g. cell culture, microbial fermentation, buffer prep, media prep, purification, etc.).
- Clear understanding of the control systems used to run processes in modern large scale Biopharmaceutical plants.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills which emphasise teamwork and a strong quality orientation.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record