Biomedicine Design's Endogenous Antibody Discovery Group is seeking a Principal Scientist to manage hybridoma-based antibody discovery projects and workflows. The role requires joining other group members to drive therapeutic antibody discovery campaigns employing immunizations and hybridoma generation, in coordination with other discovery methods such as FACS- and microfluidics-based single B cell cloning. In particular, the role requires ongoing evaluation of all group Best Practice Protocols associated with hybridoma-based antibody discovery, including selection of rodents (wildtype and transgenic) as hosts for immunization; design of immunization strategies; methods of immunization (protein, cell-based and genetic); evaluation of serum responses; electro-cell fusion; hybridoma culture and screening; and VH-VL molecular cloning. Finally, the role also requires scouting, evaluation and integration of new technologies related to hybridoma generation and therapeutic antibody discovery.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability and experience in multiple areas required for successful lead therapeutic antibody generation employing hybridomas:
- Deep knowledge of rodent B cell biology
- Design of immunization strategies to elicit immune responses to multiple types of target (cytokine, membrane, multi-span membrane).
- Electro-cell fusion.
- VH-VL molecular cloning.
- Experience with integrated tissue culture automation.
- Leading hybridoma campaigns against therapeutic targets.
- Active review, monitoring and revision of group best practice protocols.
- Monitoring and maintaining stocks of reagents required for hybridoma workflows.
- Monitoring workflow efficiency and timelines.
- Scouting and introducing new technologies to improve workflow efficiency.
- Maintaining Animal Use Protocols.
- PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology, with at least 3+ years of experience working directly with hybridomas.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, matrixed team environment.
- Familiarity or hands-on experience with other methods of antibody discovery (single cell B cell cloning, microfluidics-based discovery
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform calculations and data analysis.
#LI-PFE Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Relocation support available
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development