We have an exciting postdoctoral fellow opportunity to join Pfizer's Internal Medicine research unit located in the heart of Cambridge's biomedical research hub. There you will embark on a research project exploring how naturally occurring human mutations impact therapeutically relevant G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) with established metabolic roles. This project will employ a combination of traditional and state-of-the-art pharmacology, cell biology techniques and transgenic mouse models to link pharmacological abnormalities induced by genetic variations with obesity-related metabolic phenotypes.
This position presents a unique opportunity to enter the emerging field of pharmacogenetics and develop a translational approach to understand how genetic variations impact drug actions. Your scientific research will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a dynamic pharmaceutical industry environment, to work with and influence fellow scientists across other disciplines. You will be expected to deliver the results of your novel research internally via various working groups, via external conferences and through publications in quality scientific journals.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and perform studies and interpret results.
- Develop and implement independent and creative research ideas.
- Produce high quality data that will lead to first author publications in high impact journals.
- Critically analyze experimental data, summarize, and present results at internal and external meetings.
- Interface with scientists from across many disciplines and work collaboratively with other experts across Pfizer.
- Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are performed according to scientific and ethical standards and correctly documented in lab notebook.
- Recent PhD in biology, pharmacology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field with demonstrated productivity in independent research
- First author publication submitted/published in a high-quality peer-reviewed journal.
- Experience with rodent models of obesity and in vivo measurements including body weight, food consumption, glucose tolerance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic molecular and biochemistry techniques including some of the following: RNA/protein isolation from cells & tissues, qRT-PCR, Western blot, ELISA, immunostaining.
- Experience in techniques to study GPCR pharmacology, such as cell-based second messenger assays, radioligand binding assays or receptor trafficking studies is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Rodent handlingOTHER JOB DETAILS
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Must have work authorization in the United States
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development