Why Patients Need You
At Pfizer we deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. The Chemoproteomics Team plays a vital role in this mission through enabling the discovery and molecular understanding of small-molecule therapeutics. In La Jolla, we are dedicated to the development of oncology agents that disrupt cancer biology or redirect the immune system against cancer cells. We are seeking scientific innovators with expertise in cell biology, chemical biology, and proteomics.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist in Chemoproteomics, your research will drive a deeper understanding of tumor biology as to discover new targets, and investigate drug mechanisms of action. Relevant methodologies include but are not limited to cell culture, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, click chemistry, and proteomic analysis.
The successful candidate will work closely with individuals in the Medicinal Chemistry and Oncology Biology groups to innovate and develop the next-generation of therapies.How You Will Achieve It
- Prepare samples for various chemical biology and proteomic studies
- Apply diverse chemical probes to define their cellular protein targets.
- Use of SDS-PAGE, western blots, click chemistry, protein digestion, plate readers, and various enrichment strategies.
- Communicate experimental findings accurately in both oral and written formats.
- B.S. degree with 5-6 years of experience in the fields of biology, biochemistry, or similar.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience in preparing protein samples from purified cells, tissues, and/or FFPE.
- Ability to independently design, plan, execute, and interpret experiments.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- M.S. degree with 3-4 years of experience
- Prior experience with activity/affinity-based protein profiling, photo-affinity labeling and click chemistry
- Familiarity with drug discovery
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development