Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
At Pfizer we deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. The Integrated Biotechnologies team plays a vital role in this mission through enabling the discovery and molecular understanding of large-molecule therapeutics. In La Jolla, we are dedicated towards redirecting the immune system against cancer through the application of engineered antibodies and cytokines. We are seeking inquisitive colleagues with expertise in cell biology, drug discovery, and high throughput screening (HTS).
As a Senior Associate Scientist, your research will uncover Pfizer's next oncology therapeutics. Relevant activities include, but are not limited to design and development of cell-based assays, liquid handling and automation, and cell signaling mechanism-of-action studies.
The successful candidate will work closely with individuals in protein design and oncology groups to innovate and develop the next-generation of immunotherapies.How You Will Achieve It
- To enable therapeutic antibody discovery through in vitro cell-based assays.
- To operate liquid handling and automation.
- To analyze, organize, and present results in small and large group meetings.
- To read relevant scientific literature to aid in experimental design.
- To Communicate experimental findings accurately in both oral and written formats.
- To contribute to a dynamic, exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation.
- B.S. degree with 3+ years' experience in the fields of biology, biochemistry, or similar or M.S. degree with 1+ years' experience
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with cell-based assays including assessment of transcriptional (qPCR, luciferase reporters), protein interactions (NanoBRET, complementation), cell viability, HTRF/ELISA, cell binding (FACS, imaging), and cytokine release (MSD, Luminex).
- Ability to independently design, plan, execute, and interpret experiments.
- Expertise in plasmid design, cloning, lentivirus, and generation of stable cell lines
- Proficiency with SnapGene, Vector NTI, or similar molecular biology software
- Fundamental immunology knowledges
- Experience using flow cytometers
- Familiarity with drug discovery, automation, and HTS.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development