Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
Worldwide Research and Development (WRD) at Pfizer combines research and technology units that have deep disease area expertise and cutting-edge science and platforms to discover and develop innovative therapeutic programs in small molecules and biotherapeutics, including vaccines. In your role, you will work closely with other biochemists, medicinal chemists, and biologists and apply your background/skills to understanding the underlying biochemical pathways and characterizing the molecular interactions between chemical compounds and target protein(s).
As an Associate S cientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Work under the guidance of a Senior Scientist or Principal Investigator
- Responsible for development of robust PCR assays for quantifying RNA and DNA in biological matrices
- Responsible for development of robust ligand-binding and cell-based assays for characterizing the disposition and immunogenicity of biotherapeutics in biological matrices
- Timely delivery of concentration and immunogenicity data to supervisor and other stakeholders in compliance with local and global regulatory requirements
- Accurate execution and documentation of bioanalytical methods in a regulatory compliant manner
- Ensure GLP and GCP compliance is maintained in the laboratory during study support
- Laboratory focused position
- Develop and implement PCR assays in biological matrices to measure RNA and DNA content in a regulated environment against challenging timelines
- Develop and implement ligand-binding and cell-based assays
- Perform data analysis and interpretation to be able to draw conclusions regarding progress and results of work
- Analytical problem solving
- BSc with at least 1 year of laboratory experience OR MSc or foreign degree equivalent in chemistry, biology, or related field
- Experience following SOP, Best Practice, or Assay Procedure to complete task
- Self-motivated, organized, strong attention to details, and can work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Experience in PCR, ligand-binding, or cell-based assays
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires lifting, sitting, standing, walking, pipetting, and ability to perform calculations and complex data analysis.
Other Job Details:
- Position requires ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: June 27th, 202
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development