Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be part of Pfizer's Worldwide Research and Development team that employs a multidisciplinary approach to identify and develop the next generation therapeutics and therapeutic combinations. You will be responsible for extensive molecular biology, tissue culture and cell biology benchworks, including vector engineering, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), cloning, cell line engineering and cell-based assay development. You will also contribute to protein/antibody expression and cell line characterization.
With your deep knowledge in the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Be a key member of the Cell Line Development team that will support the execution of both technology development and portfolio projects.
- Perform standard molecular biology techniques (cloning, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, RTPCR,DNA/RNA gel electrophoresis).
- Contribute to achievement of goals and influence at the project team level.
- Keep abreast of novel technology for mammalian expression systems; introduce and implement novel technology.
- Ensures effective, high-quality, timely and appropriate documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and internal technical reports.
- Presents data/ strategy to scientists and management in appropriate internal and external venues.
- Provide formal/informal mentoring to colleagues within work group/project team.
- Pay attention to detail, strictly adhere to safety protocols, and use knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of experience
- Substantial experience with standard molecular biology skills and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Should be self-motivated, organized, and capable of working independently and in a collaborative environment and should have demonstrated ability to drive projects by coming up with innovative solutions.
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Should have strong attention to detail and has ability to execute detailed experimental plans, record procedures, analyze data, and present results.
- Has ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Master's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Track record of successful contribution to research projects
- Prior experience in developing commercially relevant cell lines to produce pharmacologically active proteins
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development