Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Associate Scientist will take an active role in supporting drug development by applying a variety of analytical methodologies to support physical and chemical characterization of drug substances (including raw materials and intermediates) and drug products. Working knowledge and ability to operate analytical techniques such as HPLC-MS, GC-MS, spectroscopy and physical techniques such as particle size and dissolution used for the characterization of pharmaceutical substances and products is desired.How You Will Achieve It
Perform laboratory work in support of analytical testing of pharmaceutical projects with some experience in any of the following analytical methodologies: chromatography, KF, particle size, dissolution, or mass spectrometry.
Collaborates with colleagues and subject matter experts to assess the most appropriate analytical approach to support project activities, including use of computational predictive tools, modelling software and data visualization tools where appropriate.
Responsibilities may include running analytical methods, performing stability and release testing, testing to support pharmaceutical development efforts, documentation of experimental results,
Effectively interact with project team members for various tasks including presentation of data and critical review of data and preparation of technical reports.
Demonstrate proficiency with a wide-variety of software and information systems.
The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Demonstrated attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environmentQualifications
- Minimum of 6 months relevant experience either in a GMP lab environment, or an academic or industrial research lab.
- Ability to meet project milestones under general supervision, manage expectations for specific projects, ensure delivery of technology/transfer/submission-ready technology, data and documents.
- The ability to use computational predictive tools, modelling software or data visualization tools.
- Experience in problem-solving skills and instrument trouble-shooting.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, especially adherence to laboratory notebook practices.
- Experience with a wide-variety of software and information systems (e.g. electronic lab notebooks, Empower and LIMS).
- Ability to work in a team environment in GMP laboratory environment performing experiments.
- Ability to perform data analysis, record results in electronic lab notebooks and effectively communicate in a team environment.
- Ability to adhere to safe laboratory practices.
- Good documentation skills with high attention to detail, strong organizational skills, team oriented, effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
Work Location Assignment: On PremiseNON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Expectation to occasionally work flexibly with global colleagues.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development