Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
This position is accountable for developing and delivering new analytical methods/analytical support in support of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) and Drug Product (DP) manufacturing at Pfizer's Kalamazoo (Michigan) plant. This position will focus on development of new methods in support of new processes introduced to the Kalamazoo facility. The incumbent will serve as a primary technical expert for analytical needs. The incumbent will conduct exploratory research to identify new techniques/potential technologies to support the analytical needs of the site. The incumbent may be asked to lead technical or project teams.How You Will Achieve It
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, laboratory environment to perform analytical experiments to support Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and Drug Product (DP) Manufacturing Operations. Develop methods for intermediates, raw materials, in process controls, API, and Drug Products. Troubleshoot and/or improve established analytical test methods. Perform and direct scientific laboratory studies and make recommendations to improve manufacturing reliability, quality, cost, safety, compliance and environmental performance. Support product transfers, new product development and cost improvement projects.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in organic, analytical, or physical chemistry, or another relevant scientific discipline. A minimum of 14 years of laboratory/manufacturing experience is required for BS candidates, 12 years for MS candidates, and 9 years for PhD candidates.
- Preference is given to applicants with previous experience in a research laboratory setting, a strong background of traditional analytical technologies, and/or a working knowledge of cGMP/statistical methods.
This position involves working in a laboratory/production environment, which may include standing for long periods of time and working with a variety of chemical/biological materials. Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel, or Environment Requirements
The position may require colleagues to work off-hours, weekends, and/or holidays as needed to meet business or customer needs.Other Job Details
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply: June 29, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development