Open Rank Professor, 12 Month Salaried - Biomedical Sciences. This is a tenure earning position with research, teaching/mentoring, and service responsibilities.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a doctoral degree (PhD or MD) from an accredited institution.
Additional specific qualifications include:
- Excellent mentoring and strong teaching skills.
- Proven track record of excellence in creative approaches to Biomedical Research and extramural funding.
- A demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service; and professional goals which are consistent with the mission of our community-based medical school, as described on our website www.med.fsu.edu.
- Recruitment focus will be on infectious disease (broadly defined), metabolism, bioinformatics and pathology (broadly defined), but any area of expertise within the Biomedical Sciences will be considered.
- Evidence of interdisciplinary/collaborative research projects is a plus.
University Information One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Equal Employment Opportunity An Equal Opportunity /Access /Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
How To Apply If qualified and interested, apply to Job ID# 52171 at https://jobs.fsu.edu by Deadline Date: 11/1/2022
Contact Info: Timothy Megraw, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org