The Postdoctoral Associate will perform complex research work of an advanced nature requiring an MD or PhD level certification and systems neuroscience experience and uses his or her own initiative in planning and completing advanced research experiments in accordance with general directions from the principal investigator. The Postdoctoral Associate will also supervise undergraduate and graduate students in laboratory research relative to the projectJob Duties
- Performs systems neuroscience research as an independent investigator.
- Performs original research on project derived from existing laboratory funded initiatives.
- Coordinates and conducts anatomical, physiological and behavioral experiments in neuroscience systems under the direction of the principal investigator.
- Conducts literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- Performs integrated data analyses, develops original analytical programs in the MATLAB or PYTHON environment, performs statistical analyses.
- Writes original scientific papers describing research findings for peer review publication.
- Supervises student personnel in laboratory duties and research.
- Maintains laboratory operations, condition of existing equipment, and scheduled laboratory activities and procedures.
- Assists in grant preparation and development.
- Supervises, schedules and coordinates the activities of staff involved with animal research.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Training in either neuroscience, neurology, systems biology.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN